Is a W204 C63 narrower than a Mk7 Golf R?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GreetMe

Car
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
Looking at them both I'd have said the C63 was wider but I can't find a definitive answer online. Some sites list the Merc as a few cm narrower (199.7cm vs. 202.7cm); others list it as slightly wider (203.1cm vs. 202.7cm). I'm assuming this is because some lists include the mirrors in the overall width and some don't.

The reason I ask is that my Golf *just* fits through the stupidly-intrusive door arms on my garage. If I get the approach wrong I have to fold the mirrors in (the space opens up quite a bit inside so they can be unfolded again as soon as I'm through the door).

Also, with the mirrors folded in, from some angles it looks like the C63's widest point might be the top of the front wheel arches. Is that true or is it just a trick of the lens?

I hope you can see where I'm going with this: if the C63 is wider than the Golf with the mirrors folded in then I'm going to have a nasty shock when I finally bring one home... :crazy: :fail :D

My 2011 W204 brochure lists the width as being 2008 overall the mirrors, and 1770 without mirrors. It doesnt list the width between folded mirror.

My 2011 W204 brochure lists the width as being 2008 overall the mirrors, and 1770 without mirrors. It doesnt list the width between folded mirror.
Thank you, both. That's excellent. :)

So, according to the manufacturers' brochures, the C63 is indeed 1.9cm narrower than the Golf with the mirrors out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom