Is anyone try wrap carbon fiber colour inside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

willis317

willis317 said:
Is anyone tried wrap carbon fiber inside?? Cos i am wonder what should i do, to buy a set of carbon then install or just wrap? This about the prize, one of my fd told me i can wrap inside the car, so just ask someone to tell me which is better option!
Here is the link i find for the set http://www.cksperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_71_41_2181&products_id=21901

I think you missed Option 3. I would not do vinyl wrap or pay the extortionate price for them carbon bits. What I would do is simply remove the trim bits and send them off to be Hydro Dipped in carbon. Hydro Dipping/Graphics looks very real at a fraction of the cost of a genuine carbon item. Plenty of places offer a good service and fast turnaround. HTH

Is anyone tried wrap carbon fiber inside?? Cos i am wonder what should i do, to buy a set of carbon then install or just wrap? This about the prize, one of my fd told me i can wrap inside the car, so just ask someone to tell me which is better option!
Here is the link i find for the set W204 C Class Carbon fibre 9 Piece Kit models to 2011 W204 C Class Carbon fibre 9 Piece Kit models to 2011 [MA-C204-INT] - £1,495.00 : CKS Performance

Wow 3 grand for a W211 kit lol

Yours come out at 1800 quid with vat ...........

I think I would go the dip/wrap route, Im still deciding on what type and colour to go for myself.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/166419-wood-change.html

Last edited:
Mate of mine had his center console dipped changed from standard wood to carbon effect, really nice job.
The company which he chose was wicked coatings. How ever the process requires paint undercoat the effect then lacquer so if you don't like the finish you can't just peel it off as you can with the vinyl wrap !!!

Either way before and after pic's would be nice . Good luck with which ever route you take.

mercedescl500 said:
I think you missed Option 3. I would not do vinyl wrap or pay the extortionate price for them carbon bits. What I would do is simply remove the trim bits and send them off to be Hydro Dipped in carbon. Hydro Dipping/Graphics looks very real at a fraction of the cost of a genuine carbon item. Plenty of places offer a good service and fast turnaround. HTH
thank you so much, i will have a look on the link;) thx

pstock said:
Mate of mine had his center console dipped changed from standard wood to carbon effect, really nice job. The company which he chose was wicked coatings. How ever the process requires paint undercoat the effect then lacquer so if you don't like the finish you can't just peel it off as you can with the vinyl wrap !!! Either way before and after pic's would be nice . Good luck with which ever route you take.
can u give me link to find his company, then i will have a look , many thx!!

There is a place in Caerphilly in South Wales called Aquagraphix, you can contact them on Facebook and see examples of their work.

They have had great reviews. I will be looking to get by trim dipped some time in the future.

I had a quote for the dash trim in my Mk4 golf gti to be dipped with carbon effect, thats the heater/stereo surround, door pulls, heater surrounds etc and they only wanted £100 which is a bargain I think.

I'll drop them a message to see how much it would be for the E class and let you know

Jon

Bear in mind how a potential buyer may see it.

Personally think interior carbon has had it's day, particularly given the number of Corsas etc that have it, no one falls for it being a lightweight performance aid :)

Wrap it in a wacky colour and change it when you get bored, peel it all off come sale time. White looks good in white or black cars with black interior ...as long as it doesn't have off-white woodgrain printed into it like BMW do now!

Last edited:
Bear in mind how a potential buyer may see it.

Personally think interior carbon has had it's day, particularly given the number of Corsas etc that have it, no one falls for it being a lightweight performance aid :)

Wrap it in a wacky colour and change it when you get bored, peel it all off come sale time. White looks good in white or black cars with black interior ...as long as it doesn't have off-white woodgrain printed into it like BMW do now!

Agree the carbon interior is a bit boy racer for my taste.
The hydro dipping is pretty cool but its no subsitute for real carbon and you can tell the difference. However its horses for courses I suppose

Putting fake CF on or in a car reminds me of the Chrysler C300 (think that's the right model, the big squarish saloon) taxi in Newmarket that's adorned with Bentley badges, bonnet, boot and wheel centres (pity about the tax disc!!), in that however well you do it, it's not the real thing.

Having said that, in my past I have bought and worn a Malaysian market stall "Rolex" watch.........

Hydro dipping is excellent if done properly. Sure it's not real carbon fibre, but it looks almost indistinguishable from the real thing if done right.

I have had some bits done at Wicked Coatings and cannot recommend them enough! The finish is perfect every time.

looking at the stuff from CKS thats not going to be pure carbon as they want you to return your interior pieces back them after receiving your new ones. That to me says they are just covered in carbon.

J.

Drop Matt @ oCarbon an email for a quote - [email protected]. He's doing my interior trim now. Here's some pics:

12616952015_b69341c53c_o.jpg

12616954535_284d8bb434_o.jpg

12617372004_0eb9f31baf_o.jpg

12617375704_7473ee84f3_o.jpg

12617376424_34a48f1b40_o.jpg

12617068793_5f71963879_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom