Is Anyone up for a trackday? - I will organise if it helps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartB

Car
Mercedes C43 AMG/Aston Martin V8 Volante/Aston Martin DB7/ Mercedes S-Class
Just got back from the Goodwood trackday that Steve Perry won and a fantastic day was had by all, except the Ferrari driver that got the hump, but I will come to that later.....

Steve, after thrashing me at Grand Turismo last night and proving that he must get out more by showing myself, wife and my mate how he had completed the whole thing, today showed that he was not an Auto-change girlie as he portrayed, but was a bloody good manual-gearchange driver.

Cars were swapped around at the Goodwood circuit and he went out in a VW Passat under instruction, a Caterham and my 205Gti racecar . He would have had some driving tuition by our designated race driver, but the guy was told to leave(forcefully) within half an hour as he was beating in the 205 the Ferrari F355 that was owned by the guy who was in charge, who in my opinion was a rich, fat, losing t**ser! NB: I am not skinny, so no offence to porky forum members! As an aside the F355 was in intensive care for most of the day after the exhaust welded itself to the engine and other maladies.

I hope Steve agrees (he is at this moment on the way back to Wales), but I think everyone in our group learnt more today re car handling and had more fun in cars than they have had in ages.

Thirty people are really needed to get a good amount of track time at the least cost. I know I can get 15 people minimum to come to another day if it helps. Otherwise can we raise 30 people from the MB site? If anyone is interested and if a moderator wants to take over to prove the whole thing is none profit making, could they express an interested by replying to this thread. A longer stanfing member can take over for all I care. All I want to do is have a good day and introduce other people to this form of economical fun. Trust me a good day will be had by all and if enough people reply it could be a solely MB Club day and at a track arrived at by consensus.

Also on a more personal note, a few of you will know that I have come in for some stick on the forum and also I have given as good as I have got and reacted to certain posts, resulting in ill-feeling on both sides and a lot of arguing that could have been avoided if a more mature and considered approach had been taken. Steve was the first forum member I have met and my wife and friends thought he was a top bloke. My feeling is that we leave posts all the time, expecting replies from each other. Surely it would be good to meet more face to face and develop this community.

Originally posted by StuartB
Surely it would be good to meet more face to face and develop this community.

Hense the GTG's

Sounds a very interesting idea, I'd certainly be interested.

GTG's are good. This was an additional thing.

Last edited:
Thank You!

Stuart,

Many thanks for your kind words above and a great day yesterday.

People can read my thoughts about the event here which is posted in the events section.

I'd certainly be interested in attending another track day :D An absolute blast :)

S.

I too would be interested in a track day - all the ones I have done in the past (car and bike) have been great fun....

Can I bring the Ducati? ? ?

Guy

Yep you could count on me as long as no one wants me to thrash my shed round a track ha ha:D :D

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Yep you could count on me as long as no one wants me to thrash my shed round a track ha ha:D :D
Ian,
It's purely up to the driver. I was given the option of taking my car around the track if I wanted to but I declined the offer because I didn't want to risk my car being damaged or even worse totalled :crazy: But others there did take their own cars on the track, including one Porsche GT2 owner who now doesn't have the same panel gaps that he started with :devil: There were some other cunning individuals that decided to hire a car for the day ;) Oh I can just imagine the sniggers as they took the car back to the rental people. :D

Would be entirely up to you mate :)

S.

Thanx for the reply Steve add me as a definate then

996SPS........... Now you're making me sad.
Always wanted one of those, but when I have enough money, I'm gonna go for the 998.
I can get bits from the Superbike teams.;) ;)

I am going on a trackday in Cambridge on 8th Nov. Cost is £99, but sadly no bikes allowed.

Is anyone interested? 12 places available.

I'm up for a track-day in my Elise :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Gav.

Originally posted by StuartB
I am going on a trackday in Cambridge on 8th Nov. Cost is £99, but sadly no bikes allowed.

Is anyone interested? 12 places available.
Stu,

Given my last track day I'd love to go but unfortunately current personal circumstances won't allow it. :( Shame, on the bright side though it won't be long before the German trip is upon us. :D

S.

it won't be long before the German trip is upon us.

Mmmm. Can't wait. The new model mercs have been spotted on the Nurburgring lately. Let's hope there are some there next month!

Hello, just got back from a meeting and in addition to the £99, we can hire a Caterham(Not Julians) for £500 for the day.

Basic maths says that the more people interested, the cheaper it is.

Please if you are interested CP me as I would like to get track day on 8th Nov sorted with or without Caterham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom