Is Apple CarPlay standard on w213?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FlyBoyRez

Car
E320 CDi
Hello Hive mind,

Having owned an original style A class (A170CDi), then a 2004 S211 320CDi after a 6 year break I’m looking to get an S214 in a few months and looking for some advice on the audio setups as well as CarPlay integration.
Is CarPlay standard on the S214 or was it an option and if so what do I look for in terms of spec on say a 2018/2019 vehicle?

Next question is, whilst I’d love the Burmester system finding the right car at the right price with Burmester might be tricky. What’s the next best alternative?
Presumably DAB is standard, I’ve seen Audio 20 USB... what does that get me?

Thanks in advance!

Are you referring to a 2018/2019 S213?

Are you referring to a 2018/2019 S213?
My apologies, I made an error in the title and for the life of me I cannot change it.

I mean the S214, the current estate model type. I’ve been looking at e220 with AMG line if that makes a difference.

If you mean the current model, then what does it say on the configurator?

With the previous model you needed Premium Plus for all the toys.

Sorry, can’t say, I’m just doing my research on Autotrader for a purchase in July and trying to get up to speed.

So Premium Plus typically gets it. Out of interest can it be added to a car without CarPlay?

Sorry, can’t say, I’m just doing my research on Autotrader for a purchase in July and trying to get up to speed.

So Premium Plus typically gets it. Out of interest can it be added to a car without CarPlay?
The configurator is definitely the best way to research and get up to speed with the specification of a current model.

I just did exactly that - using the configurator - and found out that the current E220d AMG line does indeed have Apple Car Play.

I still have that page open on my phone, so just let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know about this model.

The configurator is definitely the best way to research and get up to speed with the specification of a current model.

I just did exactly that - using the configurator - and found out that the current E220d AMG line does indeed have Apple Car Play.

I still have that page open on my phone, so just let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know about this model.
That’s very kind of you Bobby, many thanks sir!
I’ll be honest I don’t know what the Configurator is, hence not looking.
Is this something we can all access? I ask as Im not sure what else to look for right now.

That’s very kind of you Bobby, many thanks sir!
I’ll be honest I don’t know what the Configurator is, hence not looking.
Is this something we can all access? I ask as Im not sure what else to look for right now.
It’s on the Mercedes website - you can add the options you want, so you can see them on or in the car, work out the total price, etc. Worthwhile having a go.

At the end it summarises the car’s specification, including the options you’ve added and the standard equipment too - CarPlay is listed in the standard spec.

It’s on the Mercedes website - you can add the options you want, so you can see them on or in the car, work out the total price, etc. Worthwhile having a go.

At the end it summarises the car’s specification, including the options you’ve added and the standard equipment too - CarPlay is listed in the standard spec.
Many Thanks!
It’s standard now, I wonder if it was standard on 2018/2019 cars? Whilst I’d love to be able to shell out for a new motor, funds don’t permit! :(

Many Thanks!
It’s standard now, I wonder if it was standard on 2018/2019 cars? Whilst I’d love to be able to shell out for a new motor, funds don’t permit! :(
The current model hasn’t been long out, so I bet it was standard. If it’s the pre-facelift W213, then if I remember right that depended upon trim choices.

I have the Amg Line premium 2017 (not plus), and I have it. Not sure if one needs to have comand to have Apple car play/ Android, sure someone else will be able to clarify this.

I think the brochure extract above answers the question, and fits my recollection when ordering my 2019 S213 (not 214 btw). I am fairly sure you will only get Carplay/Android Auto with COMAND, that is with Premium trim or higher. There are retrofit solutions for Audio 20.

I think the brochure extract above answers the question, and fits my recollection when ordering my 2019 S213 (not 214 btw). I am fairly sure you will only get Carplay/Android Auto with COMAND, that is with Premium trim or higher. There are retrofit solutions for Audio 20.
Many thanks to you all, this has helped a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom