Is brown the new back/white?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GP801

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK, Volvo XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro EV
Just back from Italy. Whilst out there I came a cross a brand new Beetle in metallic brown. Looked stunning. On the drive back passed a couple of transporters full of MB cars. All were metallic brown and looked really smart. Is this the latest thing?

I hope not! Seen a few that were, say, 6-12 months old and hence not spangly new, and they looked pretty dire!

Only really suits certain cars, I usually see a brown W221 S600 most days but it just looks like it has been s*** on

In certain light conditions, the Indium Silver on mine looks brown. I've had one snide comment about it, others have said that it's looks good - everyone says fantastic that it's not silver!

I think it depends on the car model, I saw a new Jaguar XJ the other day in a metallic brown and I have to say its looked very nice..

In certain light conditions, the Indium Silver on mine looks brown.
Ditto. Indium Grey does have a distinct gold / brown hue that really suits the W/S212.

Personally I think that the UK car buyers are a boring bunch when it comes to colour choice. Black, white and silver are everywhere. Dare to be different!

Ditto. Indium Grey does have a distinct gold / brown hue that really suits the W/S212.

Ah yes, more confusion caused by MB's genius in choosing the names Iridium Silver and Indium Grey. Eyes as bad as mine can't tell the difference when in small font.

Anyway, I like my Indium Grey CLS, I didn't actively choose the colour, it was what my required specced used vehicle came in, but it's a change from the usual black W219s (which I do think look great)- and a lot easier to keep looking clean!

The ones on the transporter were mostly As and Bs. Perhaps they were grey masquerading as brown. My CLK is Iolite Blue but to everyone including me it looks more grey than blue

Nothing new in this world - things just go in cycles! I remember having a new Triumph Spitfire in my early 20s - brown with tan upholstery. Bee's knees at the time - course it wasn't brown, it was Sienna

Saw this colour today twice...on a Polo and an A Class. I thought they looked well.

Seems the Italians may be a little behind the curve for once. We had our bronze revival in the UK a couple of years ago...

Ford's Roman Bronze (and BL's equivalent) looked cool in the 1970s...

bronze_70s.jpg

And it certainly seems to be making a comeback...

bronze_now.jpg

Unfortunate reg number on the Clubman (top right) :cool:

I noticed a couple of metallic brown Audi R8's in Chigwell recently. They look ok, but not my cup of tea.

As I posted earlier in another thread, the colour of choice is Dundee seams to be red, when we bought my Mother law a red Honda Jazz we thought that would be a bit different, how wrong were we, even their neighbour has two red cars, an A-class and and Audi A4 estate.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Porsche have been using brown on their press cars for a while. I like it and nearly went or it on the amg.

yes, love the anthracite brown ..

normal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom