is burmester sound still an option on 2022 C class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gnominateur

Car
Mecerdes C300d (W205)
I'm considering a 2022 C 300 in premium plus trim, and it seems like there's no burmester sound available as an option any more. At the show room, I couldn't find any demo cars with the burmester sound (not even in a GLE).

Has anyone got any more info about this? I was hearing murmurs about the difficulty of getting this being as a result of the ongoing chip shortage.

I don't think this would be a deal-breaker for me at the moment, but I would rather not have to spend extra afterwards trying to improve the sound in the cabin.

I'm considering a 2022 C 300 in premium plus trim, and it seems like there's no burmester sound available as an option any more. At the show room, I couldn't find any demo cars with the burmester sound (not even in a GLE).

Has anyone got any more info about this? I was hearing murmurs about the difficulty of getting this being as a result of the ongoing chip shortage.

I don't think this would be a deal-breaker for me at the moment, but I would rather not have to spend extra afterwards trying to improve the sound in the cabin.
I have just placed my order for a C300 Premium in Mojave silver with brown/black leather interior, I was interested in a premium plus just for the upgraded sound system but I was advised that there are no upgrades for music system.

The sound system fitted as standard seemed excellent and much better than the one in my current E Coupe, I’m told the sound system in the new C Class is made by Fender hence the letter F on the speakers.

The Premium trim has plenty of toys, I’m not a great lover of sun roofs but the head up display would have been interesting, and sadly you cannot get the driver assistance package with the premium it’s an add on for premium plus, I only do about 6000 miles a year so I can live without the extras plus I have to keep the wife happy as I only purchased the E Coupe 4 months ago.

Robin

Save your money. Burmester is rubbish to be honest.

Not having it makes it much easier to upgrade the standard system with something far far better.

Save your money. Burmester is rubbish to be honest.

Not having it makes it much easier to upgrade the standard system with something far far better.
People have said so about it, but I have this option in my current car (a 2019 C) and apart from wishing it had better subwoofers, I found the sound to be much better than the standard setup, and it was enough that I didn't bother to go for an aftermarket upgrade.

Also, I am not sure that it is a money saving move anymore. This used to be a standard part of the Premium Plus trim. They appear to have dropped it but not lowered the price of the trim level accordingly.

I think I will go for an aftermarket upgrade anyway. I just hope that fitters have the parts for and are comfortable working with this W206 generation (I think that the 2022 model is a new generation right?). Won't want to be the one whose car is used for practice :)

I have just placed my order for a C300 Premium in Mojave silver with brown/black leather interior, I was interested in a premium plus just for the upgraded sound system but I was advised that there are no upgrades for music system.

The sound system fitted as standard seemed excellent and much better than the one in my current E Coupe, I’m told the sound system in the new C Class is made by Fender hence the letter F on the speakers.

The Premium trim has plenty of toys, I’m not a great lover of sun roofs but the head up display would have been interesting, and sadly you cannot get the driver assistance package with the premium it’s an add on for premium plus, I only do about 6000 miles a year so I can live without the extras plus I have to keep the wife happy as I only purchased the E Coupe 4 months ago.

Robin
The logo on my speakers are the Burmester logo, but does not have the 3d sound system. It does look like an f. sound is excellent

I managed to snag a 2022 model with burmester sound.

Compared to my previous 2019 model, the subwoofers are definitely improved. They still struggle at max volume (the system seems to know to attenuate the sub to reduce distortion) but they are plenty loud before you get to the max volume so this is not an issue.

The EQ controls are much better too, it's no longer just bass, mid and treble. They have a guided mode which allows you to tweak how much 3D effect is added and more control over how the system sounds.

Still early days, but so far, no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom