Is Costco worth joining?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinewave

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 520 M-Sport Touring, Kawasaki ZX10R KRT (AMG Eater!)
As per title really??

I'll be in the market for some Michelin PS3's soon for the E320 and being as Costco only sell Michelin tyres was wondering if the annual membership could be a good move being as the total tyre bill could be around £800? :thumb:

Definitely, you normally save the annual membership every time you shop, sometimes just on one item.

Remember that Costco have two tyre sales per year - usually 25% off already decent prices.

I was recently quoted (full Costco price) at £960 for the 4 tyres for my car (Michelin Pilot Sport 3 IIRC). 245/45/18 & 265/40/18.

You can also buy Mobil 1 there very cheap, thereby saving money on your car services.

Assuming you qualify for membership it's definitely worthwhile.

Their cakes are good too :)

Depends on your personal situation really. I tried it for a year but only went twice because the nearest one was 25 miles away and I found the 'hard' goods selection too limited, ending up buying vast quantities of Bonio and other odd things because they were cheap on the day of the visit. At tyre changing time I didn't want Michelins and found what I really wanted on Mytyres so didn't bother renewing this year.

I would say that the best value certainly comes from checking the vouchers every month. We only get toilet roll / kitchen towel / pump soaps / fruit juice / etc. when they are on special offer - the standard price isn't much better than you can find at the normal supermarkets if you look for offers there.

Is everything they sell available at all their stores?

I assume tyres etc have to be ordered in after initial payment?

My nearest Store is in Chester??

Hello

Not only tyres but they do sell quality items and the prices are good. I've never been disapointed at anything from there. Also if you have any reason to return an item its no problem. TV's also have 5 year warranty's.

Only last week we bought the play area from there I've been looking at them all over the place and quality / size is the best by far.

In fact the estate doing well again... 6 boxes in total 2 of them 3m long !!! the rest in the trailer !!

461615ab.jpg

We buy our washing powder / stuff / cat food and as mentioned the cakes and bread are good :)

So I would say yes its worth joining. In fact I noticed your from Cheshire. I think they will let you have a walk round before you join a sort of day pass.

Love Costco

Food not cheap but...

Great meat & fish, good cheeses, sausages, etc.

Screen wash and car shampoo good value

Christmas decorations are a bit different.

Worth the money for sure

Good sarnie and party food platters - I passed it off as homemade and got away with it :)

Is everything they sell available at all their stores?

I assume tyres etc have to be ordered in after initial payment?

My nearest Store is in Chester??

The tyres and batteries are on site, in stock at the fitting bay. Drop car off, shop, collect car with four new tyres on.

simple.

On some clothing items the range in stores can be different at different times.

As others said.... yes.

As for purchasing food at Costco, if you are a single male living in a studio flat with a very small fridge, then no :D

But if you do buy food in large packages and have storage capacity then the savings can be massive.

On second though... in spite of being much cheaper, you don't really save any money... a visit to Costco will definitely cost you more than a visit to your local store. Try walking through Costco's tools department without looking left or right... :rolleyes:

Can't go wrong for £25, they now take Amex which is good as before it was only cash/cheque/debit card.

I don't find the tyres cheap nowadays though.

S

Same here. I was quoted £220 each for rear tyres on CLS Got 2 (Continental) fitted at Merc Macclesfield for £200 each.
Its also useful for anything bought overseas at Costco which develops a fault can be returned to UK sites.

Same here. I was quoted £220 each for rear tyres on CLS Got 2 (Continental) fitted at Merc Macclesfield for £200 each.
Its also useful for anything bought overseas at Costco which develops a fault can be returned to UK sites.

Blimey,
I got Conti's for £150 each about 3 weeks ago. £220 is a lot.

I love Costco's too. Buy all sorts of stuff there knowing you can take anything back at any time if you don't like it without question.

Supermarket offers are better, BOGOF etc so I never assume they are cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom