Is he mad or a good idea for West Londoners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm. Mad or a good idea. Hard question to answer. Can I ask the audience?

These people shouldn't be put in charge of a stick insect, never mind a capital city.

It's what you get when you elect someone with a shoe size larger than his IQ.......

Strikes me this is visionary thinking.

Apart from the usual concerns raised about Heathrow (noise, pollution, overcrowding, etc, etc) one day a plane will come down in central London leaving a smoking furrow of a mass grave.

Then the wisdom of daily having hundreds of overflights from the world's busiest airport over the country's most densley populated conurbation will seem less than wise.

the wisdom of daily having hundreds of overflights from the world's busiest airport over the country's most densley populated conurbation will seem less than wise.

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that aspect.....

Visionary and not a little radical. Heathrow seems to be a right royal pain for everyone involved, and its further expansion is an horrendous prospect. Time for a change. Go for it, Boris, and make sure the fast rail link reaches west London.

Whoops! Just read the small print - I guess this topic is Politics - so it's banned.

Mod - please delete.

Could all the road-traffic dimensions of the Heathrow monster be more motoring related?

doesn't Boris live in Henley?

let's see, move the airport to the other side of London and no more flight paths or stacks over your house.

who cares about all the related businesses being forced to close down/relocate. The sudden drop in property values in the Thames Valley etc etc etc

The man is a weapons grade t**t

Visionary and not a little radical. Heathrow seems to be a right royal pain for everyone involved, and its further expansion is an horrendous prospect. Time for a change. Go for it, Boris, and make sure the fast rail link reaches west London.

There is a airport in London City anyway. For safety reasons it seems a bit silly and Gatwick and Heathrow are large airports. Build more runways at them is what I say.

well apart from Hong Kong, doing this would not close LHR. It would just open up a new airport.

Not blue sky thinking at all. Just keeping his name in the papers and getting the dicsussion ready for when the Planning comes for the next runway at LHR and he gets to sign it saying yes. Always good to have the evidence of why it can't go elsewhere at your fingertips courtesy of some good old fashioned PR.

Alternatively, if the governments white paper on aviation for the next 30years, seems to run out of cpacity before it should, then they will pay for something like this, which has already been proposed in that very same document, and Boris will be seen as a visionary.

No real downside here is there?

And seeing as LGW is up for sale, and BAA need a new runway at LHR, guess whats around the corner as far as planning applications is concerned? The 3rd runway was always going to happen here as T5 was built to help LHR handle 90m pax a year, and yet the runways are at about 98% capacity. So why have extra passenger capacity?

Its just another part of the jigsaw coming together.

(What would they use to build this new island? not wanting to expose the only real problem it faces!)

All the unused Bendy Busses, Boris said he would scrap. Has he.??

no idea, I live 600miles away!

The buses up here could do with scrapping. you should see the size of the ones they have carrying 4 people about round town here. those 20 seaters would be a lot more efficient.

Would stop the cathedral having is wall knock down on an annual basis by the drivers too. Although it has survived the last 9 months collision free.

doesn't Boris live in Henley?

let's see, move the airport to the other side of London and no more flight paths or stacks over your house.

who cares about all the related businesses being forced to close down/relocate. The sudden drop in property values in the Thames Valley etc etc etc

The man is a weapons grade t**t

Boris lives in London.

.......all the hot air that comes out of Westminster?

The real cause of global warming............

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

No, not in West London. St. Pancras.:D

First thoughts, cost? is this before, during or after the olympics?, and flooding measures in that part of town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom