Is Ipod too old technology now ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rinaudo

Car
E 350
I cannot connect my IPOD to the in car entertainment system of my 2013 E350 which I have just bought. The title/track information will appear on the ICE screen but will not play. The connection then breaks off and I get " device not connected ". Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the correct Mercedes cables ? It won't work with using the normal usb lead.

rinaudo said:
I cannot connect my IPOD to the in car entertainment system of my 2013 E350 which I have just bought. The title/track information will appear on the ICE screen but will not play. The connection then breaks off and I get " device not connected ". Any help would be appreciated.

Try a 'soft' reset of Ipod, I have had similar with my Iood Classic

The non technical answer is probably yes.

I have an iPod somewhere but couldn't put my hands on it right now yet I know exactly where my phone is and it's loaded with some music plus Spotify and will bluetooth to most modern cars.

^ either that: or load all your iPod stuff on to a stick and have that permanently in the glovebox. Works for me.

^ either that: or load all your iPod stuff on to a stick and have that permanently in the glovebox. Works for me.

That's what I did when I had the ports and leads in the glovebox in a VW I owned.

If you have a phone with a spotify account there are so many options for playing your own music, streaming or playing saved to Spotify that I can't imagine using anything else...

...apart from good old radio :eek:

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. The soft reboot did the trick and the memory stick in the glove department seems like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom