Is is possible to play DVD in APS 50 in W204

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by w204, Nov 30, 2008.

1. w204

w204 New Member

Car:
    C-180 W204
    Hi 2 all.

I am new to this forum. I'm posting for the first time. It is a very good forum with lots of info.

I have a question re APS 50 with DVD (arrow) navigation in new class. Is is possible to upgrade this system to play DVD. ( it can play MP3 and and audion DVD)

Thanks

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    Do you mean on the small standard screen? Isn't that too small for watching DVD? The upgrade would be Comand, possible but a bit costly (depending on the source for the device, display and main unit, I'm not sure if the fan system would be a must for UK summer).

But since you seem to have the APS 50 device, is it really true that it does not show a map on the display ("radio display")? I'm puzzled because the Universal Media Interface should have a full map display and it would be using the small standard display on the car. Why wouldn't Audio 50 APS then show a map? Perhaps just price differentiation, to make people buy Comand if they feel it worth the money.

3. OP
    OP
    w204

w204 New Member

Car:
    C-180 W204
    Hi
    thanx 4 replying. It does show map. i wanted to play dvd. but i guess it is not made to do that.

4. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    A pity if it does not have the DVD decoder circuit, even if the display isn't too large, one might want to listen to music DVDs (videos).

But why is the Audio 50 APS called "arrow navigation" if it shows the map too? :confused: Both anyway show arrow type of info on the cluster?

Tags: