Is it illegal to rob someone in Australia????

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by loveday, Sep 8, 2011.

1. loveday

loveday Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Brabus 450 Widestar,XKR,XFR & CLC180
    Is it illegal to rob someone in Australia if so this car dealer will be going to jail.

Take a look at Ebay item number 320725503908 this is advertising a 2010 17 month old C63 AMG with 23,000 kilometres’ for a staggering £93,036.94 YES YOU READ IT RIGHT £93,036.94!!!!!!! :eek: I think we should get Norris McWhirter from the Guinness book of world record down to confirm that this must be the biggest rip of in the world.

After seeing the Ebay advert I might sell my brand new C63AMG down under for quarter of a million, so come on lads lets miss the AMG Bluewater meets and make our way to Aussyland:bannana::bannana::bannana:

2. davidjpowell

davidjpowell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    I think there tax rules are different, and might affect imported car and the resale market.

Might be wrong on this though.

3. EDZ649

EDZ649 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129 SL600 V12
    I think we have a member on here from Australia, he maybe able to shed some light on this...

4. terrymcg

terrymcg Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML 320CDI
    That will be right enough.

I am moving over there in March next year. I am expirting my C55 over there. It will cost me a fair bit, however will be worth around $60 -70k once all done!

5. davidjpowell

davidjpowell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    1 person likes this.
  6. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Car:
    1994 Mercedes C180 classic
    It's not a rip off, its an exorbitant price for the car. But then again there are lots of cars on lots here and other places in the world which are far too expensive for what they are. It's not the item, its the value you think people would pay for it. If someone is willing to pay that then good luck to them.

1 person likes this.
  7. swannymere

swannymere Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1994 S124 E300d
    Cars cost alot more in Australia, it's often less then half the price to import your car from here if your emmigrating including all the shipping costs and taxes than buying the equivalent in Oz.

Mercedes C63 used prices

8. alchemistkevin

alchemistkevin New Member

Car:
    Smart BRABUS Roadster
    It's not only the Mercs. All German marques are much more expensive there than what we pay for it.

I was surprised when my mate in NZ told me he could afford to buy & run a Nissan skyline but not a BMW M5.

Also, another Aussie mate's buying a Porsche 997 to export & sell down under.

He reckons once he pays the duties and export costs he'll end up making around £30K which should pay for his next ute.

9. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    The Aussies probably think the same thing about our house prices.....

10. Spinal

Spinal Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Smart, S320 and C180 with 3-pointed stars amongst others
    From a friend who lives in Oz, their import taxes are astronomical... a car that would be worth nothing here is worth quite a lot in Oz... as long as the taxes are already paid ;)

Plus, there is no annual MOT - checks are done when you buy/sell a car...

M.

11. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    I wish.
    I'll be honest with you - you're really going to struggle with that one.

5 people like this.
  12. WDB124066

WDB124066 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
    Cars made in Australia are very cheap compared to their imported performance cars, and let's face it, they do make some cracking cars. Compare some of the HSV and FPV prices with what you are buying them for in the UK for example........

13. MOCAŠ

MOCAŠ MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK
    Not to mention our number plates...

2 people like this.
  14. BoyracerAU

BoyracerAU Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1985 W123 230E & 1994 R129 SL500
    I'm not sure what the state of the nation is in the UK, but to give you an insight to life in Oz, I think the national average wage is about $AU60,000pa (GBP38,400) and a very average Sydney house currently costs about $AU1,000,000 (GBP640,000). Check out www.domain.com.au.

Our personalised plates used to come for a once off fee ($AU50 in 1980) and hardly anybody had them back then, but we now pay a 'joining fee' ($220+) and ongoing 'membership fees' ($90+) and they're more popular than ever which I can't figure out. :crazy: See: myPlates

The motoring authorities are state by state, and NSW (where I live) conduct annual inspections on cars that are more than five years old. Full registration (including compulsory third party personal injury insurance) costs about $AU800 (GBP512) per car per year in NSW.

The price of fuel fluctuates daily but is generally around $1.40 (90p) per litre.

From what I have seen we definitely pay more for our cars here. You may enjoy surfing this website: Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au.

1 person likes this.
  15. Spinal

Car:
    So from what I can tell... you earn more than us (UK average wage, PER HOUSEHOLD is £33,000. That's not per person, that's per household.) and pay less than us

I would LOVE to pay £512 for insurance & MOT a year! I currently pay:
    £200ish for road tax
    £55 for MOT
    £1800 for insurance (admittedly for 3 cars, but that's thanks to Primo... used to pay around £1k per car)

Fuel is £1.30-something last time I refuelled... I think 1.36 rings a bell, though on motorways (2 weekends ago on the way to Dover) it was 1.49, which was shocking...

If we're comparing house prices, in July the average price in central london was almost £2.3 million.

Time to move to Oz I reckon!

16. BoyracerAU

Car:
    Hmmm... no wonder they call Oz the lucky country!

NB: The insurance I mentioned above is for personal injury, it doesn't cover damage to property including your own car, that's separate and optional.

By the way, I just googled and learnt that London ranks 17 in the most expensive cities to live in list whilst Sydney comes in at 24, so I guess neither of us is too hard done by. :)

17. Spinal

Car:
    To be honest, I would have expected london to rank higher! I'm guessing Tokyo is up there... along with NYC?

18. BoyracerAU

Car:
  19. BoyracerAU

Car:
    Just looking at the chart and it seems I quoted the results for 2010. Sydney was 24 in 2010 but we jumped to 14 this year! :(

Maybe best you don't pack your bags just yet!