Is it illegal to rob someone in Australia????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loveday

Car
Brabus 450 Widestar,XKR,XFR & CLC180
Is it illegal to rob someone in Australia if so this car dealer will be going to jail.

Take a look at Ebay item number 320725503908 this is advertising a 2010 17 month old C63 AMG with 23,000 kilometres’ for a staggering £93,036.94 YES YOU READ IT RIGHT £93,036.94!!!!!!! :eek: I think we should get Norris McWhirter from the Guinness book of world record down to confirm that this must be the biggest rip of in the world.

After seeing the Ebay advert I might sell my brand new C63AMG down under for quarter of a million, so come on lads lets miss the AMG Bluewater meets and make our way to Aussyland:bannana::bannana::bannana:

I think there tax rules are different, and might affect imported car and the resale market.

Might be wrong on this though.

I think we have a member on here from Australia, he maybe able to shed some light on this...

That will be right enough.

I am moving over there in March next year. I am expirting my C55 over there. It will cost me a fair bit, however will be worth around $60 -70k once all done!

It's not a rip off, its an exorbitant price for the car. But then again there are lots of cars on lots here and other places in the world which are far too expensive for what they are. It's not the item, its the value you think people would pay for it. If someone is willing to pay that then good luck to them.

Cars cost alot more in Australia, it's often less then half the price to import your car from here if your emmigrating including all the shipping costs and taxes than buying the equivalent in Oz.

Mercedes C63 used prices

It's not only the Mercs. All German marques are much more expensive there than what we pay for it.

I was surprised when my mate in NZ told me he could afford to buy & run a Nissan skyline but not a BMW M5.

Also, another Aussie mate's buying a Porsche 997 to export & sell down under.

He reckons once he pays the duties and export costs he'll end up making around £30K which should pay for his next ute.

The Aussies probably think the same thing about our house prices.....

From a friend who lives in Oz, their import taxes are astronomical... a car that would be worth nothing here is worth quite a lot in Oz... as long as the taxes are already paid ;)

Plus, there is no annual MOT - checks are done when you buy/sell a car...

M.

I think we should get Norris McWhirter from the Guinness book of world record down

I'll be honest with you - you're really going to struggle with that one.

Cars made in Australia are very cheap compared to their imported performance cars, and let's face it, they do make some cracking cars. Compare some of the HSV and FPV prices with what you are buying them for in the UK for example........

Not to mention our number plates...

I'm not sure what the state of the nation is in the UK, but to give you an insight to life in Oz, I think the national average wage is about $AU60,000pa (GBP38,400) and a very average Sydney house currently costs about $AU1,000,000 (GBP640,000). Check out www.domain.com.au.

Our personalised plates used to come for a once off fee ($AU50 in 1980) and hardly anybody had them back then, but we now pay a 'joining fee' ($220+) and ongoing 'membership fees' ($90+) and they're more popular than ever which I can't figure out. :crazy: See: myPlates

The motoring authorities are state by state, and NSW (where I live) conduct annual inspections on cars that are more than five years old. Full registration (including compulsory third party personal injury insurance) costs about $AU800 (GBP512) per car per year in NSW.

The price of fuel fluctuates daily but is generally around $1.40 (90p) per litre.

From what I have seen we definitely pay more for our cars here. You may enjoy surfing this website: Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au.

I'm not sure what the state of the nation is in the UK, but to give you an insight to life in Oz, I think the national average wage is about $AU60,000pa (GBP38,400) and a very average Sydney house currently costs about $AU1,000,000 (GBP640,000). Check out www.domain.com.au.

Our personalised plates used to come for a once off fee ($AU50 in 1980) and hardly anybody had them back then, but we now pay a 'joining fee' ($220+) and ongoing 'membership fees' ($90+) and they're more popular than ever which I can't figure out. :crazy: See: myPlates

The motoring authorities are state by state, and NSW (where I live) conduct annual inspections on cars that are more than five years old. Full registration (including compulsory third party personal injury insurance) costs about $AU800 (GBP512) per car per year in NSW.

The price of fuel fluctuates daily but is generally around $1.40 (90p) per litre.

From what I have seen we definitely pay more for our cars here. You may enjoy surfing this website: Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au.

So from what I can tell... you earn more than us (UK average wage, PER HOUSEHOLD is £33,000. That's not per person, that's per household.) and pay less than us

I would LOVE to pay £512 for insurance & MOT a year! I currently pay:
£200ish for road tax
£55 for MOT
£1800 for insurance (admittedly for 3 cars, but that's thanks to Primo... used to pay around £1k per car)

Fuel is £1.30-something last time I refuelled... I think 1.36 rings a bell, though on motorways (2 weekends ago on the way to Dover) it was 1.49, which was shocking...

If we're comparing house prices, in July the average price in central london was almost £2.3 million.

Time to move to Oz I reckon!

Hmmm... no wonder they call Oz the lucky country!

NB: The insurance I mentioned above is for personal injury, it doesn't cover damage to property including your own car, that's separate and optional.

By the way, I just googled and learnt that London ranks 17 in the most expensive cities to live in list whilst Sydney comes in at 24, so I guess neither of us is too hard done by. :)

To be honest, I would have expected london to rank higher! I'm guessing Tokyo is up there... along with NYC?

Just looking at the chart and it seems I quoted the results for 2010. Sydney was 24 in 2010 but we jumped to 14 this year! :(

Maybe best you don't pack your bags just yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom