Is it just me? "Good afternoon & thank you for calling ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Xxxxxxxx Mercedes. This is Chantal speaking. What department may I direct your call to please?"

"Parts please."

"Who may I say is calling?"

Slight puzzled pause as I consider the need for this. OK, I'll play .

"Neil."

"May I have your surname, sir?"

Much longer pause. Can't see ANY need for this at all for a parts enquiry, feel it's TMI required, so I lie.

"Smith."

Now I know I'm a grumpy bastard, Chantal is working from a script & they make her ask all these questions but does anyone else feel a short & simple "Xxxxxxxx Mercedes, what department please?" would do the trick?

BTW, there was nobody available in the Parts dept so Chantal asked if I'd like to leave my phone number.

"No."

Yes. You're a grumpy bastard.

It's so she can say to parts, when they are there, that there's a Mr Neil Smith on the phone for them, so when they put you through, parts can say "Good Afternoon, Mr Smith, how may I help you". In this case, though, she told them Mr Neil Smith was on the phone, and parts said "Christ, not that grumpy bastard again! Tell him we're not here".

;)

Get the direct line for the parts department next time.

That’s what I’ve done.

Reactions: GLK
Xxxxxxxx Mercedes. This is Chantal speaking. What department may I direct your call to please?"

"Parts please."

Slight puzzled pause as I consider the need for this. OK, I'll play .

"Neil."

Much longer pause. Can't see ANY need for this at all for a parts enquiry, feel it's TMI required, so I lie.

"Smith."

Now I know I'm a grumpy bastard, Chantal is working from a script & they make her ask all these questions but does anyone else feel a short & simple "Xxxxxxxx Mercedes, what department please?" would do the trick?

BTW, there was nobody available in the Parts dept so Chantal asked if I'd like to leave my phone number.

"No."
You could have asked for hers [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes. You're a grumpy bastard.

It's so she can say to parts, when they are there, that there's a Mr Neil Smith on the phone for them, so when they put you through, parts can say "Good Afternoon, Mr Smith, how may I help you". In this case, though, she told them Mr Neil Smith was on the phone, and parts said "Christ, not that grumpy bastard again! Tell him we're not here".;)

When the parts guys pick up the phone they say "Parts", which is how it should be. They don't care who I am, how I am or where I am (forgot to mention in the OP Chantal asked where I was calling from - "the kitchen"). If I have to order something & they need personal info they then ask for it.

I think Chantal is collating info for another purpose.

Generally I don't mind, but it does annoy me in Starbucks. So now whenever I want a cup of coffee I'm Hugo..

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks guys for making my day with this , made me chuckle.

There was no one in the parts dept because they'd gone home cos you'd been on the phone to Chantal for too long, remember to call earlier in the day next time you need parts.

Hmmm... I think she just liked the sound of your voice ;) and the whole 'name and phone' shtick was totally off-script. Stay tuned..........

"Hello I am calling about a road accident you had recently.."

Yes

"As the accident was not your fault we can help you win valuable compensation..."

What do you mean 'not my fault' ?

"The accident was not your fault so we can win compensation for you"

Don't be silly lass ,I was mashed up on Benny's while out trying to score some Brown when I dropped my bong into my lap, lost control and went straight through the fence of the bloody orphanage. Awfully careless of me really.

"Click...Brrrr...."

Great Pete but can you give me a translation? I do not understand most of the words:(

If I've nothing better to do, I usually say: "Oh yes. Just remind me about the details of it, though, would you." I can keep it going for ages if necessary...

Xxxxxxxx Mercedes.. This is Chantal speaking. What department may I direct your call to please?"
"Parts please."
"Gary"
"Savage."
And while we are waiting for them to pick up Chantal
How do you see the future working out for you at
Xxxxxxxx Mercedes?;)

Great Pete but can you give me a translation? I do not understand most of the words:(
Bennys are generally cheaper than Molly (especially on the weekend) Brown is getting a bit passé these days , you are da' man if you can bring some Nlopi into the room instead of brown.

The Bong is just something Big Ben can't do anymore (he went straight). I hope that clears it up for you.:thumb:

Just ask to speak to a man next time. :)

Oh that clears that up then :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom