Is it just me or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HarpreetSingh

Car
S55KL AMG (W220)
...Does anyone else get that satisfaction of driving down a motorway or dual carriage way, spot another AMG owner and drive in convoy :D

This might not be the case around the M25 ring, but two sundays ago (i know this is a late post, ive come out of hospital this week and all over the place) on the M1 i joined convoy with two A45 AMG's in my S55 and felt quite proud to be owning a piece of AMG's fine engineering!

i never got this feeling when i had a porsche and saw another one, just another person who has the same car as me,

the s class you have will be lovely, enjoy it and worry not about convoying with others

My sister had a very rare D reg red Nissan 300zx turbo- amazed we chanced upon another one (Red and D reg ) down a side road.
Dom Joly sold his 911 as he was getting ****** off by oncoming 911 owners giving him the thumbs up.
Yeh i would join a convoy -but only if mine is newest!. ;)

I am glad it is an AMG thing.

If us C180 drivers did that... the convoys would be miles long :D

Land Rover (defender, S3, S2, S1, Lightweight etc etc) owners wave to each other all the time. It used to be quite nice and only a handful didn't wave in my nine years of ownership.
However, you could always count on Discovery (un-modified) and Range Rover owners not joining in. Over a period of time, I asked a few Disco & RR owners why they didn't even acknowledge each other, never mind us.
They didn't consider themselves 'part of the Land Rover scene'. Made me wonder about people generally at the time.

@ HarpreetSingh: No doubt they will have got a buzz from it too and there will be a similar post on another forum (or pub conversation).:thumb:

Last edited:
All the other AMG drivers I've come across seem to be miserable gets.

I gave up the similar car thing a long time ago as it seemed to be a waste of time.

Drivers of other performance cars and random stuff like vans seems to appreciate my car more not that I care whether they do or not although it does remind me why I liked the car in the first place and the effort I've put in keeping it in good condition.

This brand queen thing is getting a bit silly now.

It only seems to bother a very very small minority so long may it continue.

:thumb:

Only time I can think of is when I ended up between st13phil and Ginger55k a couple of months ago going from MSL to Jury's Inn Hotel in Brum.

It wasn't the best of convoys really, though we had a couple of amusing moments. :)

I prefer to be a lone wolf...:devil:

This is my preferred travel mode. :D

All the other AMG drivers I've come across seem to be miserable gets.

Not all of us. :)

Waving is a nice friendly thing to do, something to be encouraged on our horribly selfish roads. When out in any of my classics I'll always wave at a proper classic (but not to a Morgan owner as I know it ticks them off to be ignored) and to anyone who waves or gives a thumbs-up or broad smile back (Morgan rule still applies). Youngtimers of like age or make as mine, same rules, but modern cars no.

Do you wave at AMG sport versions?

Waving is a nice friendly thing to do, something to be encouraged on our horribly selfish roads. When out in any of my classics I'll always wave at a proper classic (but not to a Morgan owner as I know it ticks them off to be ignored) and to anyone who waves or gives a thumbs-up or broad smile back (Morgan rule still applies). Youngtimers of like age or make as mine, same rules, but modern cars no.

Do you wave at AMG sport versions?

Ouch!

If I see another AMG heading in the same direction, I usually flank them and stay there for a while :D

Had a Mercedes convoy before... Was about 7-8 cars... Random lol.

I have had to stop waving im afraid. Kept getting pulled up by the person in question and asked " How much then? "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom