Is it me or what?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac1

Car
E350 SPORT
BMW then Audi now Insignia drivers......What the hell is wrong with these people.
Everytime I hit a motorway it's the same dance, Mr Rep-mobile 4" or 100mm in new money away from my rear end.
Is it because my car is black (is that PC) the two shiny tail pipes or it's MB...

I had this a few years ago when my first "mid life crisis" was a Subaru STI, then is was boy racer types, embarrassingly mostly Corsa's...

I'm determined not to rise and flick down a couple and show Mr Insignia what a E350 is all about...Little rant over...:rolleyes:

I also drive a black Merc (a CLK) and have the same problem with tailgaters and for me it seems drivers of those nasty cam belt driven engined Audi`s with stupid looking daytime lighting are the biggest problem. It`s about time the police cracked down on this instead of prosecuting drivers a few miles per hour over the speed limits. Reggie

It`s about time the police cracked down on this instead of prosecuting drivers a few miles per hour over the speed limits. Reggie
Agreed :thumb:

Tail-gating can be prosecuted as ‘Dangerous Driving’, with up to 9 points on your licence!

Fat chance these adolescents would get caught though :mad:

If it's happening on such a regular basis, you could always fit a dash cam on the rear window. If something dangerous happens, forward it to the Police :thumb:

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but since getting my black MB complete with twin tail pipes earlier this year, I've actually noticed a reduction in the number of tailgaters! But it's still Audis that are the worst culprits, further proof that the drivers are short-sighted :rolleyes:

Oh...not this sh1t again...get over yourselves with your rep mobile remarks.

Why not just pop your lights on for second, they think you're braking :D

Unfortunately I no longer have the black Insignia to help confound prejudices.
I don't do many Mway miles these days and can't remember the last time I experienced tailgating.

I'm guessing that the concerns here are less about drivers who don't keep a safe distance back (dangerous enough), and more about those attempting to intimidate the driver in front. In a queue (moving or otherwise), I don't understand why they feel they have a right to progress faster than everyone else, even in a Range Rover Sport (oops I've joined in now). If it's not a queue, I imagine that, rightly or wrongly, they feel aggrieved by the driver in front- often perceiving themselves to have been unnecessarily held up- and are definitely wrong to respond aggressively. And then there's just the final category of antisocial tw4ts who don't need a reason to be aggressive- but luckily that's a rareity on my journeys.

I guess it depends on whether you think that driving a car that that you bought, service and run with your own money and take the considerable "depreciation hit " on --- may or may not influence the risks you take while driving? :dk: Statistically speaking of course.;)

PS of course this wouldn't apply to situations where "the red mist descends" :eek:

You know the biggest cause of tailgating?

People not getting out of my way quick enough.

I rarely have problems with tailgating don't know why, maybe it's because I rarely get a chance to look in the rear view mirror because the car in front is driving so slowly I have to concentrate intensely in case he brakes. Hmmmm maybe I do have a problem with tailgating :)

SPX said:
You know the biggest cause of tailgating?

People not getting out of my way quick enough.

Damn in between open the thread up to respond and getting rid of the phone call I just had you beat me to the punch!

I seem to get tailgated by BMW's and a few Audi's
I also think tailgating is really dangerous, but some of these people just don't seem to understand :/

I was once chased down by a young boy in a Renault clio. Then he started chasing down the driver in front of me who was driving a Jaguar.

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but since getting my black MB complete with twin tail pipes earlier this year, I've actually noticed a reduction in the number of tailgaters! But it's still Audis that are the worst culprits, further proof that the drivers are short-sighted :rolleyes:
Think this depends what your last motor was, for example if your last car was a white 1984 Mini Metro I could understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom