Is it me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
My wife was at her hockey club's annual end of season dinner tonight. I said I'd pick her up afterwards...she was to text me when she was ready to leave...and I was to text her when I was outside the club.

At 11:45 she text me to come get her, I leave the house and am outside the club 10 minutes later. I text her 6 times and phoned her twice in the next 40 minutes, before she deigned to come and see if I was there, by which time the battery in her RAv4 was flatter than a flat pancake (radio and lights) and we
needed to get a taxi.

We arrived home an hour after I left the house, and she had to pay for the taxi...she can't understand why she had to pay for the TAXI!!

Is it me?:doh:

My wife was at her hockey club's annual end of season dinner tonight. I said I'd pick her up afterwards...she was to text me when she was ready to leave...and I was to text her when I was outside the club.

At 11:45 she text me to come get her, I leave the house and am outside the club 10 minutes later. I text her 6 times and phoned her twice in the next 40 minutes, before she deigned to come and see if I was there, by which time the battery in her RAv4 was flatter than a flat pancake (radio and lights) and we
needed to get a taxi.

We arrived home an hour after I left the house, and she had to pay for the taxi...she can't understand why she had to pay for the TAXI!!

Nope!

It's a common occurrence. The usual thing happened to me a few hours ago. Mrs Ringway and our daughter went shopping and then to the cinema.
I said I'd pick them up but when I arrived at the complex I couldn't get to the agreed area. So I called both of them - No answer. Sent a text - No reply.
When they eventually got into the car one phone had a flat battery and the other was at the bottom of a handbag. Some things never change...

This can also occur with students
My son occasionally keeps me waiting when i collect him at an antisocial hour
Part of the delay is all this trendy cheek kissing when anyone leaves every person in the building has to be kissed goodbye

You are trying to understand women?

This thread will go on forever! :)

I have found with age and time that Mrs Millar's mobile phone answering is at best random and at worst a complete non-event. Why she actually has a mobile is beyong me. It normally has a flat battery or (as above) is left down in the darkest recess of a handbag. Another common failing is she fails to recognise the new ring tone that she set herself. Looking about like a meerkat on coke to see who's phone is making that silly sound, it's her own.

Texting. Ahemm. No she has to write a novel.

needed to get a taxi.

Who let the battery get flat? Her petrol on idle would have been cheaper!!:p:fail

Just one other point. Women's hockey club? You should have offered to wait in the changing rooms. Keep warm, that kind of thing.

Only a suggestion.

Your mistake was to think it would be a simple arrive, pick up and go.

wimmin are just wired up differently to men.

There is no male on this planet who understands wimmin.

So don't beat yourself up, you're not alone!

Who let the battery get flat? Her petrol on idle would have been cheaper!!:p:fail

Are you female...or have you those tendencies? My MB can sit with the radio and lights on for a couple of hours with no problem.:p

^ +1

What were the circumstances which caused the flat battery?

I was listening to the radio with the lights on for the first 15 minutes of the wait....the rest was without the radio...because it went off. Can I refer you to my answer one above this.:D

Outsider looking in I would say 60% your wife to blame :)

Originally Posted by MD5.
Who let the battery get flat? Her petrol on idle would have been cheaper!!

Are you female...or have you those tendencies?

Now there's a challenge......:devil:

needed to get a taxi.

I am sorry to inform you that it is indeed your fault.

1. For offering to pick her up afterwards (1st mistake)
2. Make a plan and expect her to stick to it (this will never happen)
3. Sending her so many texts and ringing her (1 text as per plan)
4. Waiting patiently for 40 minutes (15 mins is more than enough)
5. Making her pay for the taxi (that is going to cost you dearly in the long run)

:p

Originally Posted by MD5.
Who let the battery get flat? Her petrol on idle would have been cheaper!!

Now there's a challenge......:devil:

A challenge you say? Think like a women you are saying!!

Her thoughts too...why would you listen to the radio etc with the engine off? My answer...because I can do it in my car, it never occurred to me you had a poor battery.:doh::doh::doh:

I am sorry to inform you that it is indeed your fault.

1. For offering to pick her up afterwards (1st mistake)
2. Make a plan and expect her to stick to it (this will never happen)
3. Sending her so many texts and ringing her (1 text as per plan)
4. Waiting patiently for 40 minutes (15 mins is more than enough)
5. Making her pay for the taxi (that is going to cost you dearly in the long run)

:p

My fourth text did suggest she'd be getting a taxi home...alone. But then the b****y battery died.:wallbash:

Think you're going to have to be diplomatic and buy her a new battery to make amends :(

Think... who's she going to call if it goes flat while she's out in it.

Last edited:
Think you're going to have to be diplomatic and buy her a new battery to make amends :(

Think... who's she going to call if it goes flat while she's out in it.

You are right, to a point. She can buy the battery...I'll fit it for free.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom