Is it normal for “new” engine mounts and transmission mounts to look like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is what the new MB-branded bushes I bought looked like:

NEW-Bushes-and-rubber-plugs-2.jpg

Not clean at all, which is not a problem. But in this case the rubber carries the manufacturer's markings too.

BTW... slight hijack: Anyone recognises this logo? Can you name the manufacturer?

Logo.jpg[IMG]

Thanks for all the replies guys. Does anyone have experience specifically with W212 E350 / OM642 engine mounts, and can comment?

Mark, these are not sold as refurbished.

I got a 'generic'/pointless email response from Autodoc:

Please provide the following information so we could further assist you with the case:

1. Images of the stickers from all the parts in question
2. Pictures of our parts next to your original ones so we could clearly see the difference
3. More images of the supplied boxes with all the stickers on them
4. The VIN-number of your car

We look forward to hearing from you!

Number 2 shows that it's a copy/paste or auto response email

Thanks for all the replies guys. Does anyone have experience specifically with W212 E350 / OM642 engine mounts, and can comment?

Mark, these are not sold as refurbished.

I got a 'generic'/pointless email response from Autodoc:

Number 2 shows that it's a copy/paste or auto response email
That's normal, there trying to fob you of just keep replying. I've done it.

Leave Autodoc for the moment; contact Lemforder, send them the pics and see what they say.

They look physically similar to the set I got for my W204 a few months ago, the middle of the engine mounts will just have excess rubber on it from manufacture I wouldn’t worry about it. The gearbox mount looks a bit grubby but unless there was something actually wrong with it I don’t think I’d be bothered it’s not like anyone’s going to be looking at it again.

Basically as some predicted, Autodoc say that they are new. By 'operating costs' I guess it's a bad german translation.

Dear Eddie,
Thank you for contactign us.
Please be informed that the marks on the parts are operating costs and they are new and can be mounted.

In case you wish to return the goods, you can send the item in its original packaging. Shipping has to be made at your expense. We will be able to refund your money or send a new package after receiving and checking the received item.

To process the return as soon as possible, print the Return Invoice that is attached to the letter and put it along with the spare part in the shipping box.

The address to send the part is Autodoc GmbH, rhinstraße 132 Berlin, Germany

Thank you for choosing our online store!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hate to say it but those do not look right. I always recommend purchasing load bearing/ rubber parts from the main dealer no matter the cost difference. Lemforder is a decent choice if this isn't financially possible.

Hate to say it but those do not look right. I always recommend purchasing load bearing/ rubber parts from the main dealer no matter the cost difference. Lemforder is a decent choice if this isn't financially possible.
These ones are Lemforder (or, at any rate, supposed to be...) hence the surprise at their overall condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom