Is it possible to disable bulb out warning on a w208 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Alright good peoples.

My car was bought with aftermarket hids and I have the bulb out warning beeping every 2 minutes or so and its driving me mad ! The wiring of the hids is a big ole mess with the original looms chopped about. Although I am minded to rip out the hids and replace the headlamps with original standard units I'm not overly convinced this will cure the beeping as will have to solder the original looms.

So was just wondering whether its possible to just disable the warning through star ?

Any thoughts ?

Hi,
I have not heard you can do this, but maybe coding the car for Xenons being fitted will eliminate the issue.

Is your W208 facelift? In facelift W210 in can be disabled... Lichtwarnung aktiv nein/ja (not 100% sure because I have not done it in my car but that option IS there... ;) )

Thanks. Its a prefacelift. I don't know if coding for xenon's will help as xenon's from the factory had a extra plug in the loom whilst mine has just got the ballast boxes in the original wiring. But worth giving a go !

My understanding of the prefacelift 208 is it is the same as the 202, in which case if the warning is on due to the Xenons then coding them in will get rid of the warning. Are you sure the beeping is light out warning? I take it you have the warning light on as well?

Are they just HID's or is it a complete headlamp unit with Bi-xenons?

If the latter then I think the car needs to be star coded for 'Xenons=present' by someone with accessibility to star or of course, at a MB dealership.

If the first, I imagine a relay might help. Speak to the guys at TRS and explain what you're experiencing I'm almost positive they'll have something that can cancel the error out. Link~ http://www.theretrofitsource.com

Users who are viewing this thread