Is it possible to turn off the anti spin (W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norse

Car
W211 280CDI T, W212 350CDI T 4MATIC
I was wondering what would happen if you put a W211 on a dyno. Would this be possible because of the anti spin system? You can turn off the ESP, but I guess the anti spin would kill the throttle if the rear wheels starts to turn.......

In case anyone but me is interested.... Here is a reply from a kind gentleman over at MBworld...

Mercedes do have special dyno modes that are accessed differently depending on the model. IE for the E-Class, you'd insert the key, turn it one click, press the reset button 3 times and a new menu would appear and from there you could disable it.

It does not exist on all MBs, your 05 would have it (at the "hidden" cluster menu).

ESP isn't completely disabled anyway from the ESP button.

Just remember to put it back to the normal mode, it does not turn back to normal automatically (even after engine switch off/on).

If you unplug the brake switch in the cabin the driver aids are all disabled IIRC, you could also take the specific fuses out!

Thanks for the replies gents.
I wasn't going to disable it, just wanted to know if it could be done and how to do it...... Guess I have a strong urge to know useless stuff :D

Just to reiterate the warning, it kills off the ABS and the EBD too - great for doing obscene burnouts and 11s but remember to modulate the brake carefully, the car will push itself along with the front wheels locked and that's gonna be 4, not 2 tyres needed at the end of the fun...

Just to reiterate the warning, it kills off the ABS and the EBD too - great for doing obscene burnouts and 11s but remember to modulate the brake carefully, the car will push itself along with the front wheels locked and that's gonna be 4, not 2 tyres needed at the end of the fun...

In a worst case it will be 5, plus a lot more than tyres. One may end up to a bad accident and destroy the spare wheel too. ;)

Norse, isn't finding useless stuff almost like the best you can get from drugs :)(says the one who doesn't know anything about drugs). At least it often makes you feel dizzy.

Norse, isn't finding useless stuff almost like the best you can get from drugs
smile.gif
(says the one who doesn't know anything about drugs). At least it often makes you feel dizzy.

Hehe.. Not that I know much about drugs either, but I tend to like technical stuff, and I love to know how things work and how to do stuff.
The reason I asked the question in the first place was to find out if one can disable the antispin to put the car on a dyno.

A good beer on the other hand... :bannana:

Edit: By the way. I tried to push the reset button three times with the key in pos. 1, but nothing happened... Go figure......:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom