Is it worth updating comand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
My 2007 W204 has Comand. It is obviously out of date, it only does 5 character postcodes, and that not very well. It doesn't have my 11 year old house in it.

So, is it worth updating, will an update give 7 digit postcodes and up to date maps?

If so, is it something I could do? I've heard that is easy to get wrong, and wreck the unit if the media is in any way wrong? I know dodgy ebay disks are to be avoided.....

I asked he same question about my 2008 S204 - and was told that to upgrade to NTG4.5 to get 7 digit postcode involved not just a new comand but also a new dashboard! This from Alfie at comanduk - who knows his stuff! So - if I can't locate where I want to go using the map, I'll use my old Navman!!

An update will give you the latest maps but wont give you 7 digit postcode. The maps are copied to the harddrive so you can sell the discs on when done.

An update will give you the latest maps but wont give you 7 digit postcode. The maps are copied to the harddrive so you can sell the discs on when done.

Brilliant, thanks for that, just what I needed to know.

I'll learn to live with out of date mapping, and use my phone to fill in the gaps:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom