Is kompressor always spinning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnlewis1964

Car
2008 C180 Kompressor.
Folks is the kompressor always spinning on a c180 petrol and do you need to change oil in kompressor many thanks

Folks is the kompressor always spinning on a c180 petrol and do you need to change oil in kompressor many thanks
I have changed the oil at 50k , and I might do it again soon at 80k . It’s a cheap easy ish diy job , with supercharger oil available on eBay with syringes . (£20 ?) . I used Mobil 1 Jet Oil 2 when I did it , it’s a jet turbine oil .
When I researched it on The mini forums , it seemed that Eaton superchargers can throw up some trouble after 100k , so they like a little oil change .
MB has no schedule for changes because outside of warranty I doubt they care

No it's not always spinning as there is a clutch between the kompressor and drive pulley to reduce frictional losses when no boost is required. It's the basic reason why very good steady speed mpg is achievable on the C180K engines.

I have changed the oil at 50k , and I might do it again soon at 80k . It’s a cheap easy ish diy job , with supercharger oil available on eBay with syringes . (£20 ?) . I used Mobil 1 Jet Oil 2 when I did it , it’s a jet turbine oil .
When I researched it on The mini forums , it seemed that Eaton superchargers can throw up some trouble after 100k , so they like a little oil change .
MB has no schedule for changes because outside of warranty I doubt they care
Thanks

No it's not always spinning as there is a clutch between the kompressor and drive pulley to reduce frictional losses when no boost is required. It's the basic reason why very good steady speed mpg is achievable on the C180K engines.
Thank You.

83000 miles with a full service history and I change engine oil every 5000 miles.Cheers
Yep , us M271 owners have to keep regular changes because of the chain and sprocket issues on our engines .
You must be due another gearbox ATF and filter change on that mileage

Yep , us M271 owners have to keep regular changes because of the chain and sprocket issues on our engines .
You must be due another gearbox ATF and filter change on that mileage
Its a manual.

There are a few manual C180K blue efficiency models presumably because the manual box helped it to just sneek into the next lower tax bracket which would have been attractive to fleet buyers. Put an auto box on it or even 10 mm wider tyres and it was the next tax bracket up.

There are a few manual C180K blue efficiency models presumably because the manual box helped it to just sneek into the next lower tax bracket which would have been attractive to fleet buyers. Put an auto box on it or even 10 mm wider tyres and it was the next tax bracket up.
Stop it buddy , it’s just not right :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom