Is my car running hot?, it ranges between 107-120Celsius oil temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roivs77

Car
C63 AMG
Hi everyone, I have a C63 AMG 2013 with the P31 package and my car´s temperature fluctuates between 105-120Celsius in normal driving without pushing the car. When it reaches 120C it starts descending, I guess the fan kicks in. Is this normal or it is running too hot?. I read that the P31 and the 507 are hotter than normal AMG´s

Hello roivs and welcome . Can we assume ' being in Mexico , that your ambient outside temperature is high ? and what oil do you have in your engine ?

Personally I would think under normal day to day driving 120'C is a bit hot. Last month I drove from Madrid half way to Lisbon , outside temp was 35'C peaking at 41'C. The oil temp did not rise above 95'C....OK , it was not a C63 just a Seat - something or other - hire car but the principal is likely to be the same.

My p31 car doesn't run that high at normal driving but as said above you are in a hotter climate

Hello roivs and welcome . Can we assume ' being in Mexico , that your ambient outside temperature is high ? and what oil do you have in your engine ?

Personally I would think under normal day to day driving 120'C is a bit hot. Last month I drove from Madrid half way to Lisbon , outside temp was 35'C peaking at 41'C. The oil temp did not rise above 95'C....OK , it was not a C63 just a Seat - something or other - hire car but the principal is likely to be the same.
Hi!!. The ambient temperature was 25 Celsius degree. I bought this car and i don´t know that is the oil that it has. Do you recommend changing the oil?. What things should I check to solve this issue. I am from Mexico by the way

My p31 car doesn't run that high at normal driving but as said above you are in a hotter climate
What things should I check to solve this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom