Is my charge cooler pump the problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLS 55AMG
Hi guys just wanted to ask if anyone has had a familiar problem in their cls55 as mine.

In sports mode you accelerate but as you build up speed say to 80+ you begin to loose power? and if you lift of and reaply you still don't get full power.

Is this the chargecooler pump not keeping the system cool adequately causing the ecu to cut power?

Hi 55AM, on my SL55AMG had a similar problem such that after hard acceleration the car would seem to rev but zero power and no Go at all. However switching engine off and restart, all was well.

We changed the intercooler pump, (charger pump), with the uprated Bosch item and all back to normal again, in fact added quite a few extra horses into the bargain. P

Hi 55AM, on my SL55AMG had a similar problem such that after hard acceleration the car would seem to rev but zero power and no Go at all. However switching engine off and restart, all was well.

We changed the intercooler pump, (charger pump), with the uprated Bosch item and all back to normal again, in fact added quite a few extra horses into the bargain. P

Thanks:) What you're describing is exactly the symptoms I'm having!

Just ordering the Johnson pump from here, luckily its in the UK

CM30P7-1 JOHNSON CIRCULATING PUMP 12v MAG DRIVE

I had same on my SL55 and a new pump later it was all sorted.

cheers

Get a wireless reader so you can monitor IAT's mine did this new pump fixed it

Get a wireless reader so you can monitor IAT's mine did this new pump fixed it

Planning on getting a new stereo that will be bluetooth compatible to display all engine parameters in the future. there are some which are android based which can mirror your phone aswell, so you can use google maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom