Is my engine getting hot too quickly ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Yesterday was a nice day with temps around 16 degrees or so. I was only pootling around in the car going here and there, nothing fast and furious, no standing still in traffic etc. My speed was between 10mph and 30mph driving around an estate type area.

I had my drivers side window down and I could hear my fan 'kicking in' constantly. Looking at the temp on the dash it was going between 109 and 113 degrees as the fan started then stopped etc.

When I got home I checked the bonnet and it was really very warm. Do other c63 owners experience the same ?

I would say that's pretty normal. You was driving slow so air cooling was minimum.

I'd say that was 'normal' based on my experience.

Dunc

Doesn't sound normal to me for the fan to kick in without hard driving? It's not like it's hot outside!

Get it looked it, better be safe than sorry.

Mine ran that hot if not hotter as the norm.

At what temp do people's C63's run at when warmed up and what temp does your fan kick in generally ?

Open question to any C63 owners

This sounds normal to me.

When driving normally (30-70mph), mine runs at around 99-103 degrees.

When driving a slow speeds (anything under 30mph), it's usually at around 103-107 degrees.

When stuck in traffic, it's normal to see anything around the 115 degree mark.

Same when hammering it.

Never had my fan kick in though.

I have CLK63, not C63.
Not that that should make a difference.

Commuted to work today, saw temps from 103 to 116. Pulled into my work car park with temps about 109 and the fan was going strong, after driving through a town no more than 40 mph. My commute is mostly A/B roads.

The fan on the C63 is the most pronounced I have heard on any car I have owned.

Ahh thanks gents. I noted that mine was around 106 degrees this morning travelling at speeds of 40 mph 'ish'. So all sounds pretty normal then :thumb:
cheers

Bit late to this but again I tend to see 103-106 in simmilar conditions

I can confirm mine does this after my city commute everyday, it's loud also and I was worried when I first got it.. nice to hear everyone has the same temps, experience etc

andy-mc said:
Not sure yet - am pretty interesting though. I think we'll need to call the dealers :(
my car never reads more then 94 assuming we talking about water temperature and oil temperature motorway 102 in traffic 107/116 but water never higher then 94

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Interesting... mine often gets over 116 and then the fans kick in and it sounds like a hurricane up front. usually happens in traffic.

Did you have the climate on?
This will generate some heat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom