Is retro fit Navigation 20 worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyloz

Car
W204 Mercedes C220 CDI Sport Estate Blue Efficiency
Hi all,
Just about to book my W204 MY2009 in for it's B service £359. Didn't have the iPod integration or Sat Nav fitted when ordered and have made do with a Tom Tom attached to a vent clip. However the wife has recently taken delivery of a brand new Eos MY2012 with iPod integration and I must say on the long trips into work when I use it I find it really useful. I used to burn my MP3 to Cd but capacity is already a problem and I used to use a Belkin F.M transmitter for my iPod, but quality not the best. Have also used the aux input in the glovebox but again the ease of track selection is non -existent compared to using the steering audio controls on the Misses car.(Not to mention track display on the screen).
I enquired about the iPod interface but £548 seemed somewhat unjustified even if it is M.B. I figure for that money I might as well go for the whole Navigation 20 setup but am looking for some unbiased opinions. I haven't really got a spare £1000 sitting around. Probably just mid-car, mid-life crisis taking hold?:bannana:

Last edited:
Nav 20 is quite good, the navigation is good but the TMC doesn't work at the moment. Ipod and USB is great though - I don't like leaving my iPod in the car so there's a 32 gig USB stick on there (one of the cheap Ebay merc-key-style ones) and it works really well. If the iPod is with me it gets plugged in (80 gig of mostly uncompressed music) and sounds good - there's a bit of whine on the signal but it's way way better than an FM transmitter.

Hi all,
.................................................................................................................I enquired about the iPod interface but £548 seemed somewhat unjustified even if it is M.B. I figure for that money I might as well go for the whole Navigation 20 setup but am looking for some unbiased opinions. I haven't really got a spare £1000 sitting around. Probably just mid-car, mid-life crisis taking hold?:bannana:

Ipod in a W204 costs a lot less than that if you know where to go ;)

Last edited:
just installed by MB of bradford for 799

not used the sat nav to any extent, it has got all european maps.

ipod integration v good.

Cheers guys,
Well I bit the bullet and waited till my C Class sport was due it's 'B' service. Went to Mercedes Bolton and got the Navigation 20 for £595 before v.a.t. with iPod, USB and aux service and included came to 1200 all in. Only problem so far has been the command codes for the clock integration. Link was down with Mercedes so I'll have to go back. Other than that Nav and iPod working great. Watch this space...?

My C200 had the Universal Media Interface when I bought it, Now called navigation 20, I updated the map six months ago and it now shows Navigation 20, works fine, though she and I differ on routes occasionally. Have all my music on a USB stick which works well with the control buttons. Don't posses an Ipod so haven't used that part.

Cheers,
Finally got the Navigation 20 coded to the car after a lot of to and fro with the dealer. All working fine and showing up on the multi function display. Loving the music functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom