Is snow foam worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This thread has been hilarious, and still it keeps going.

as above if you want bubbles have them, if you want lsp safe have it, if not don't,
if you want to use Wilko Shaving foam do it. These are subjective reviews about the safer methods to clean you pride and joy.

the new products that I'm reviewing will be delayed till next weekend as the weather is poor and I'm off to the body shop to play with some spanners instead

The video was to put your comments into perspective.

+-£22 is more than a third cheaper than what you are plugging. Pan the Organiser couldn't make a real choice between any, from the cheapest to the most expensive...........go figure
I didn't say you had to spend £35 to have a worthwhile cannon, I was merely recommending the £35 cannon that was already suggested. If you want to save £13 :rolleyes: then that's your prerogative, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for".
I must admit your £17 cannon does look a better quality item with it's brass neck than the £10 plastic cannon you suggested Ant should buy.

How do you know the £10-00 units do not work? Are they the same as the unit you had?
I do not know if they are all the same but as I mentioned, I wouldn't buy another cheap £10 plastic cannon, the one I had was useless. I wouldn't recommend an item so cheap with a plastic neck. My statement was all about my recommendation.

Your implication is that more expensive units are better.
Maybe ask the 1000's of professional detailers around the country/world, do they use £10 (or £17) snow foam cannons. Or you could continue to be blinkered by your man Pan.

As stated, I have a £17-00 unit that works perfectly well so why pay £35? The snow foam mixers / cannons/ lances are very simple bits of kit and like all fads the sellers are climbing on the bandwagon and charging exorbitant prices.
My original comment had nothing to do with your £17 cannon, I only compared your suggested £10 cannon against the £35 cannon that I have experience with. If your cannon is suitable, why didn't you recommend that to Ant instead of a £10 item?

Although I don't think it's a good idea to throw money away, it sounds like every penny is a prisoner with you so you should continue the way you feel best. p.s. I'm not sure where you will be able to buy an egg cup full of snow foam to perform your test.
If you want to continue to dismiss other peoples recommendations and experiences on this subject then that is entirely up to you.

Although I don't think it's a good idea to throw money away, it sounds like every penny is a prisoner with you so you should continue the way you feel best. p.s. I'm not sure where you will be able to buy an egg cup full of snow foam to perform your test.

Thanks for your detailed reply, seems I touched a nerve.

You take this far too personally and so far, you have added no value to this discussion and instead have chosen to make it personal.

Ant was looking for a cheap cannon. I posted a link.......shoot me!

IGNORE selected so don't waste your time replying to me.

Touching on foam canons there for a sec I have had three in total first was under £20 done well for quite a while till one day no more foam so I went above £25 same result. I always flush through my canons after use with clean water but both failed in the end.

When my better half bought me a karcher pressure washer I picked up the karcher foam canon is a Halfords sale and to be honest I'm having a hard time finding a reason to replace it. I'm sure the water ratio isn't as good as others out there but I got tired of having to strip down the cannons and clean them in a citric acid to bring them back.

Maybe the water here is too hard, who knows but the plastic karcher one is serving me well and has never failed.

Here's some pics of the two snow foam cannons being striped down and seals replaced I was going to put up a while for a write up but never got around to doing for anyone interested. To add both the cheaper and more expensive ones were made up of pretty much the same parts I imagine more expensive ones would have better seals and better quality metal.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Sorry kinda posted that before stating that I will probably buy a more expensive one at some point to see the difference.

I don't doubt a better foam gun will be more foamy maybe putting more solution onto the car than my cheap old karcher SF gun but to be honest I usually go around the car more than once before touching it with a mit so I'm not too worried.

The karcher one seems quite well made however plasticy and holds as much as my older two even though the bottle seems smaller it's a bit of a tardis as I poured one of the old bottles into the karcher bottle and it all went in.

It has occurred to me on more than one occasion that the SF gimmick is more to do with the gun than the Chemical itself.

You can often find Karcher SF attachments on the outlet for £5-10.
I still have the first one I bought from a few years ago. Never rinsed it through though and still works as when new so there is something to be said for cheapy plastic ;)

I guess it might not be the best but it creates some foam which remains in the gutter for hours after the water has drained away so is adequate.

There certainly is lol

I got so sick of going through all that rigmarole above which put me off buying a more expensive one and TBH the karcher one is probably what kept me using SF as I had all but given up with the bloody things.

Look what I started :eek:

But there are lots of interesting things people have mentioned. So thanks all so far.

I still haven't bought a lance, yet!

I've had my Lance for 2 years, and not had to clean the filter, just rinse the Lance through after every use
sio2 based products used via a Lance will cause them to block, as will really high foaming products as the residue will dry inside the filter and adjuster.

I've had my Lance for 2 years, and not had to clean the filter, just rinse the Lance through after every use
sio2 based products used via a Lance will cause them to block, as will really high foaming products as the residue will dry inside the filter and adjuster.

Had mine two years and I don’t even rinse it out, just pour the remaining solution out

Even when I apply something like magiseal but I use a different bottle and reattach that to the lance :thumb:

TBH Ash, I've also thought about buying a second lance and bottle for separate products so they don't get mixed together as this could cause a chemical reaction and result in them not working correctly..

Had mine two years and I don’t even rinse it out, just pour the remaining solution out
Same here never had an issue, the foam cannon that came with the pressure washer was shit!

The next upgrade, technically, and it’s purely for ease of use

Foam/solution bottles for your lance that are wider at the bottom than the top- to stop the bloody thing toppling over when connected to the PW and you put it on the floor to do something :rock:

I’ve personally just taped some old dowling to the bottom to give it a wider footprint. When connected to the lance they’re top heavy :doh:

pretty sure you can get cone shaped bottles from in2detailing

pretty sure you can get cone shaped bottles from in2detailing

Yeah they’re out there. I have cone shaped spray bottles for wheel cleaner and citrus prewash as those (standard shapes) tend to fall over too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom