Is snow foam worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I presume its worth buying a foam adapter to apply shampoo?

Where I live & work we get a lot of sand fall out, the SF works well in softening it off the surface- no it won’t then fall off with the foam, but it has loosened it and it’s visible. So for my situation it works, for others I get that it’s probably a step they don’t need.
For the record, I use the Bilt Hammer version and now a cheap small Karcher foam lance. I’ve had 2 x more expensive ones and despite flushing through etc they didn’t last a year each. The cheapo has worked for 2 years so far and I don’t even bother flushing it (not sure there’s any filter in there anyway!)
Sorry if I’m asking a silly question but how does snow foam soften sand?

I appreciate it may soften mud but then so does water? :)

Is it worth it?
A new winter coat and shoes for the wife
And a bicycle on the boy's birthday.
It's just a rumor that was spread around town
By the women and children, soon we'll be shipbuilding
Well I ask you
The boy said 'Dad, they're going to take me to task
But I'll be home by Christmas.
It's just a rumour that was spread around town
Somebody said that someone got filled in
For saying that people get killed in
The results of their snowfoaming

If it dries up too quickly it means you are doing it in very dry weather or direct sunlight

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

So only use on overcast and high humidity days? :)

If you are talking about the washing shampoo, I'd imagine it is not worth doing - however my machine (Karscher) has one of those built-in dispensers (for patio cleaner etc) and I am going to try using that.

.........Try 7:30pm?

Don't be silly that is G&T time.:banana:

I have a north facing driveway - my car (lives in the garage) is always cool and in the shade when I wash it and a couple of weeks ago, cool day (12 ish) , out of direct sun, the foam dried quicker than I could get the wheels done.

However there are self proclaimed experts that will tell me that Autofinesse foam is rubbish:dk:.

Dedicated shampoo would be too thick, but grab some citrus prewash stuff (valet pro stuff is very cheap) and sling that through a lance would be better

Don't be silly that is G&T time.:banana:

I have a north facing driveway - my car (lives in the garage) is always cool and in the shade when I wash it and a couple of weeks ago, cool day (12 ish) , out of direct sun, the foam dried quicker than I could get the wheels done.

However there are self proclaimed experts that will tell me that Autofinesse foam is rubbish:dk:.
Yeah I had issues with foam as well, even when the car surface was warm or not mixing enough foam. I don't know about finesse, try and wash your car at Cyprus during summer

Sorry if I’m asking a silly question but how does snow foam soften sand?

I appreciate it may soften mud but then so does water? :)
Sorry wrong word, loosen is what I meant!

I’m hoping to get time this weekend to show some products and their effectiveness, I’ve purposely left this as filthy as can be

Attachments

• C9AD9C7F-8B37-4120-9577-9277B1866CF6.jpeg
    C9AD9C7F-8B37-4120-9577-9277B1866CF6.jpeg
    593.7 KB · Views: 21
Correct :) The more you write, the more it’s apparent that it is in fact user error

According to you!;)

However, I am man enough to take criticism and admit if am I wrong (not admitting that just yet). Looking at the AF Avalanche pages, my foam may be too thick (judging by their pictures). Will try with a more runny mix later this week...........

Last edited by a moderator:
According to you!;)

However, I am man enough to take criticism and admit if am I wrong (not admitting that just yet). Looking at the AF Avalanche pages, my foam may be too thick (judging by their pictures). Will try with a more runny mix later this week...........

Trick is it needs to be relatively runny rather than thick like snow

Most people expect way too much cleaning ability from snow foam and thus end up being disappointed.
It does have its uses but for the majority a good pre rinse with a pressure washer is perfectly adequate.

cheers

Chris

Most people expect way too much cleaning ability from snow foam and thus end up being disappointed.
It does have its uses but for the majority a good pre rinse with a pressure washer is perfectly adequate.

cheers

Chris
For me it's not about the cleaning it's the low pressure nozzle and the foam softening/lifting dirt and lubricating so the jet wash has a much lower chance of marring - than when it pushes dirt/grit around at high pressure on a dry body.

If anyone is really interested...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As you can see, most of them do nothing, except for Bilt Hamber (and one other).... BH always make the best stuff

I'd be open to giving it a try

Why not? you can also use it to hold a 90's style foam party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom