Is something going on out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by automaniac, Aug 9, 2008.

1. automaniac

automaniac Active Member

Car:
    W210 220 CDI Avantgarde saloon
    Three weeks ags, some low life stole :mad: the mascot from the bonnet of my baby (E220 :D ) while parked near dorchester, I forked out for a new one, so all happy again, I look outside this morning from my home and some B******d :eek: has swiped the new one. The car is parked on a driveway, so its not like its on the side of the road so someone could just fall onto it while drunk.
    I have owned my merc for two years with no one touching it, and to lose two mascots in three weeks is a bit much.
    Have I been unlucky or is there some band out there wearing the Merc badge as a fashion statement, thus encouraging the little maggots out there to go and steal badges, (similar to the beastie boys and VW badges in the 80's). If the second option is true then there would be no point paying for yet another badge, as it would just go the same way.
    Have any of you guys lost mascots lately?

Cheers

2. Dragon

Dragon Banned

Didn't realise it so easy to be nicked. The bonnet needs to be opened before it can be nicked isn't it?

3. verytalldave

verytalldave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    Still all intact after 13 months.

Touch wood............

4. Indiepath

Indiepath Active Member

Car:
    SL500 De-Badged
    connect it to the mains when parked at home :)

5. imadoofus

imadoofus Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    This and that.
    I've had my car for 2 and a half years and in that time I've lost two bonnet stars. Within two months of each other!

I think it's just coincidence :(

6. kjay

kjay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C200k Coupe 2003
    I believe this may be the work of a religious group which is becoming increasingly populour. They're called 'the scum'.

They use the Merc badge as their symbol - The three pointed star represents their three brain cells.

One brain cell controls the vocabulary, the second their dress sense and the third is reserved for thieving/vandalism.:mad:

7. OP
    OP
    automaniac

automaniac Active Member

Car:
    W210 220 CDI Avantgarde saloon
    The first one was taken off by pulling it and unhooking the spring that holds it in place. The last one was just snpped off at the base. I suppose I must count my lucky stars (not merc stars though:crazy: ) that the bonnet has not been damaged in either event

8. W210 Fan

W210 Fan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W140 S500L W208 430
    they can be ripped off far too easily, had mine snapped off my E230 in Kingston, maybe time for a flat badge?

I took it that it was an easy form of vandleism for somebody or maybe just jealous they didnt have a merc?

9. prprandall51

prprandall51 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi
    On balance, I prefer that they are easy to snap off. If they were more resistant to being removed, it is inevitable that the lowlife would damage the bonnet paintwork in their efforts. Once they have decided they want the star, I doubt they would give up until they have it. Lost one so far.