Is something going on out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

automaniac

Car
W210 220 CDI Avantgarde saloon
Three weeks ags, some low life stole :mad: the mascot from the bonnet of my baby (E220 :D ) while parked near dorchester, I forked out for a new one, so all happy again, I look outside this morning from my home and some B******d :eek: has swiped the new one. The car is parked on a driveway, so its not like its on the side of the road so someone could just fall onto it while drunk.
I have owned my merc for two years with no one touching it, and to lose two mascots in three weeks is a bit much.
Have I been unlucky or is there some band out there wearing the Merc badge as a fashion statement, thus encouraging the little maggots out there to go and steal badges, (similar to the beastie boys and VW badges in the 80's). If the second option is true then there would be no point paying for yet another badge, as it would just go the same way.
Have any of you guys lost mascots lately?

Cheers

Three weeks ags, some low life stole :mad: the mascot from the bonnet of my baby (E220 :D ) while parked near dorchester, I forked out for a new one, so all happy again, I look outside this morning from my home and some B******d :eek: has swiped the new one. The car is parked on a driveway, so its not like its on the side of the road so someone could just fall onto it while drunk.
I have owned my merc for two years with no one touching it, and to lose two mascots in three weeks is a bit much.
Have I been unlucky or is there some band out there wearing the Merc badge as a fashion statement, thus encouraging the little maggots out there to go and steal badges, (similar to the beastie boys and VW badges in the 80's). If the second option is true then there would be no point paying for yet another badge, as it would just go the same way.

Cheers

Didn't realise it so easy to be nicked. The bonnet needs to be opened before it can be nicked isn't it?

Cheers

I've had my car for 2 and a half years and in that time I've lost two bonnet stars. Within two months of each other!

I think it's just coincidence :(

I believe this may be the work of a religious group which is becoming increasingly populour. They're called 'the scum'.

They use the Merc badge as their symbol - The three pointed star represents their three brain cells.

One brain cell controls the vocabulary, the second their dress sense and the third is reserved for thieving/vandalism.:mad:

Didn't realise it so easy to be nicked. The bonnet needs to be opened before it can be nicked isn't it?

The first one was taken off by pulling it and unhooking the spring that holds it in place. The last one was just snpped off at the base. I suppose I must count my lucky stars (not merc stars though:crazy: ) that the bonnet has not been damaged in either event

they can be ripped off far too easily, had mine snapped off my E230 in Kingston, maybe time for a flat badge?

I took it that it was an easy form of vandleism for somebody or maybe just jealous they didnt have a merc?

they can be ripped off far too easily, had mine snapped off my E230 in Kingston, maybe time for a flat badge?

I took it that it was an easy form of vandleism for somebody or maybe just jealous they didnt have a merc?

On balance, I prefer that they are easy to snap off. If they were more resistant to being removed, it is inevitable that the lowlife would damage the bonnet paintwork in their efforts. Once they have decided they want the star, I doubt they would give up until they have it. Lost one so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom