Is the E-Class 4Matic available in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zharrt

Car
Simple question, love the new (W212) E-Class, need a AWD car and want to know if the 4Matic is now available in the RHD UK spec?

Audi A6 for you...

MB won't bring the models in as its too expensive to re-engineer for RHD

until BMW test the water for them!!!

Interestingly I read that the 3 series x drive was a good few thousand cheaper than the equivalent Quattro.

until BMW test the water for them!!!

Interestingly I read that the 3 series x drive was a good few thousand cheaper than the equivalent Quattro.

Its a more advanced system too. Quattros bar RS ones and haldex models have fixed 50:50 or 60:40. Haldex ones are FWD until the car slips...

The Xdrive can vary the level back and forth making a for a rear biased car under normal cicrumstances and send power forward say when the rear loses traction. Nice system.

Audi list prices are mental. This ought to help them re-allign them.

I saw the xDrive as an alternative, but its only available on the 3 Series which will be too small for my needs, and not a fan of the crossover type vehicles.

I saw the xDrive as an alternative, but its only available on the 3 Series which will be too small for my needs, and not a fan of the crossover type vehicles.

Audi A4, A6 or A8.

They all look the same, just pick a quattro for your size and needs.

Nice cars.

Yes it is available in the UK but not from a UK dealer you have to order it from a German dealer, who ship it for conversion to RHD then it gets delivered to the UK or you can collect it, mind you it is uber expensive, :eek:

We used to maintain one for a restaurant owner in Sheffield, gorgeous car :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom