Is the Law an Ass?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
A strange thing has occurred.
A Porsche 911 4s has been left on my dads drive since Friday, by ????
No one we know, phoned the Police who checked if it was stolen, no they said.
And as it is on private property they will not act.
If I try and move it and it gets damaged I will be liable for criminal damage.
Blocked the drive cant get to the garage.
I suspect that its been stolen and owner away, so hasn't been reported.
But no broken windows and its locked.
Any legal ideas?

I agree it must be stolen and owner doesn't know yet. he's going to be mighty happy its undamaged. I would ring police again and speak to someone who's interested in cars and car crime [traffic police] but you will have to get past the plod who answers the phone first. Insist it must be moved to their compound, shout, swear, ring your local councilor

Last edited:
Stick it on ebay "buyer collects" :rock:

Put a sign up saying illegal parkers will be clamped and only released on payment of a fee of £100 - non payment will incur storage charges of £100 a day......nice little earner -- when owner comes say you will let him off for a damn good test drive..:D

put it on its roof or steal some good bits off it and sell them on ebay

A strange thing has occurred.

There was a case similar to this a while back. Somebody parked their car in what they thought was their friend's drive while they went on holiday.

As you say. It's frustrating.

You might look to see if there is a legal means of obstructing it from being removed and also if there is any valid route for raising a small claims action should the owner return.

You might look to see if there is a legal means of obstructing it from being removed and also if there is any valid route for raising a small claims action should the owner return.

I think building a small brick wall around it would suffice

find a friendly local firm of clampers to remove it and as suggest put up a sign to say illegally parked vehicles will be clamped.

Get a big 4x4 and pull it off the drive. As soon as its on the road its not your problem.

Not been 'securely parked' by airport Valet parking services, have they.?

Get an extension cord and a hair dryer, put a bit of heat over the tax disc and get it to fall off, then get on to the DVLA and tell them about the untaxed car on the road, they'll shift it for you :D

Jack it up with trolley jacks and move it on to your neighbor's drive.

Phone one of those companies who do a free uplift of unwanted cars :devil:

You could sell it through auction, you don't always need the key's / v5 for those ;)

Just list as stolen / recovered but not registered as such!

sell the house quick, comes with a free 911

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom