Is there a Merc data for each part in a car?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by maxima, Apr 22, 2014.

1. maxima

maxima Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W211
    I remember 25 yrs ago when I bought my first merc.. I saw enormous maps with part numbers for pretty much everything whats in a car (including nuts and bolts).. it was like a photo which you insert into a device with magnifying glass (microfiche). Then they would order a part for you once they found the actual number.

Is there information like this on the internet ?

Some Snowden perhaps wanted to avenge his girlfriend Toyota so he published these on the internet? no? ASSange? still no? shame :)

Why I am asking.. I have a small compartment between the armrest and the shift stick. It has a rectangular cover which opens if you press on it.. And inside is a container for coins and small stuff (I gather).. The container is gone now (nice students from nearby 6th form stole it)..

How am I to find the correct code for it? If I want to do it myself

Please note this question has two sides. how to effectively replace the container and still is there a public accessible data on the Merc parts number by a specific model?

2. stwat

stwat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1989 W126 300 SE
  3. OP
    OP
    maxima

Car:
    W211
    oh thank you.. thats exactly what i needed.

surely it is not easy process. it never was :)

4. OP
    OP
    maxima

Car:
    W211
    I actually found the container (thanks for the hint - I strolled through 6 Russian sites and finally found one which works). The container is 14 euro on ebay.de (new) and £17.50 on ebay.co.uk (used)

this is the working catalogue in case anyone needs: http://catalog.autoartis.ru/mercedes/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  5. stwat

stwat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1989 W126 300 SE
    Please do check the price with MB before spending on ebay or elsewhere.

You can get a dealer price by using the part number here, Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape Remove all spaces from the part number.

Tags: