Is there any thing I can do to a c180K? 1.6 supercharged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesman99

Car
Mercedes c180K supercharged 1.6
Is there anything I can do to a 1.6 c180 supercharged merc?

Put bigger tyres on for that Carlos Fandango look

Or some fake Brembo stickers on the calipers

@Mercedesman99, joking aside, you will find it helpful (as will all other forum users ;)) to be more specific regarding your question. Are you referring to maintenance? Body styling? Wheels? Modifications.........(give us a clue :p)

If you are asking about remapping, then the short answer is No.

The M271 is quite stressed as it is, and any significant increase in power or torque will require both software and hardware modifications, e.g. larger kompressor pulley and lower compression ratio (cylinder-head-off job).

There are firms out there who offer remapping for the M271 engine, but their power and torque figures can't really be substantiated.

In practical terms, the best thing you can do is replace the C180 with a C250 CGI, which produces ~200bhp out of the 1.8L M271 engine. That, or better still, the C350 CGI with the V6 engine.....

On another note, as you probably know by now, the M271 engine is prone to premature timing gear failure. Before investing any money in this engine, have the camshaft sprocket wheels and timing chain inspected.

You could probably remove silencing for the super charger if you want a loud whine, check YouTube videos, people have modded them...

With that said, it'll probably be very slight differences and you'd be better off just buying a faster car as modifications then require you to inform your insurer etc or buy better tires so you can grip the road and ultimately move quicker...

You could probably remove silencing for the super charger if you want a loud whine, check YouTube videos, people have modded them...

With that said, it'll probably be very slight differences and you'd be better off just buying a faster car as modifications then require you to inform your insurer etc or buy better tires so you can grip the road and ultimately move quicker...

...and upgrade the discs and calipers etc.

When the C180K 1.6 was introduced in 2008/9 it produced the same power and torque as the 1.8 version it replaced, so it's already tuned by 10% or so by comparison. I think it's a decent enough engine for it's intended purpose of a base model economy C class and is only found wanting on the steeper motorway hills because they also changed the rear axle ratio to reduce RPM.

A serious suggestion is to think if there is any way to lose some weight from the car.

Hi thanks for the replies, I’ve just had the whole engine rebuilt and new chain and bits and bobs as the chain snapped a week after buying it 😂

On another note, as you probably know by now, the M271 engine is prone to premature timing gear failure. Before investing any money in this engine, have the camshaft sprocket wheels and timing chain inspected.
Yeah just had the chain and engine re build with merc bits from a Mercedes specilist, including all the valves and other bits that go with it, I was told you could put a reduced cam pulley and supercharger pulley on it, is this true?

The M271 is available in several tune levels.

The highest tune level had higher Kompressor boost and lower compression ratio.

I don't know how the engine will behave if you increase the boost without reducing the compression ratio - it might blow the head gasket etc, no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom