Is there such a thing as an E350 CGI facelift?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup on a facelift you can't get more go than a E250 unless you go or an E63. The good news is an E250 has plenty of go for a 4 cylinder, surprisingly so.

Similar 0-60 to his current 211 E 320.

And I once passengered in one (a mini cab) and it was very smooth compared to the CDI.

So maybe this is the sensible trousers option.

I'm struggling to find anything that comes close to that Jag XF, it looks like pretty good value to me.

Update;

Thanks for all the suggestions

I gave him a shortlist of;

E250 CGI
BMW 535i
Infiniti Q70
Lexus GS450H

He's looking into the the Lexus at the moment.

I've told him to look for one with Mark Levinson.

835 watts (!?!)

Unless you will be driving into the big cities regularly, I wouldn't necessary discredit the diesels. I think a lot of it is plain scaremongering..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegnomes

No V6 petrols with facelift 212.

But what on earth!?

The world's gone mad.

Now looking at Infiniti's and Lexus's (Lexi?).

Should read no V6 petrols with facelift 212 FOR THE UK MARKET!

Or as cynics might say Why sell the punters a creamy v6 petrol when you can sell them a cheap noisy 4 cylinder diesel you use in your vans instead?

Last edited:
This one looks good, if a little overpriced.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705175549712?atmobcid=soc3

I pick up my facelift W212 220 Bluetec on Thursday. Went for the diesel because of the extra low & mid-range torque and because, being a Euro6 engine, it's not one of the ones being demonised by big cities - not that I go near them very often. (The fact it's Hyacinth Red was also a big persuader!)

Last edited:
Unless you will be driving into the big cities regularly, I wouldn't necessary discredit the diesels. I think a lot of it is plain scaremongering..

He lives round the corner from me in London Zone 2.

Not a suitable habitat for diesel in that although half the time it's bashing up and down a motorway the rest of the time it's doing short urban hops without warming up properly.

NOx would go through the roof. Then there's clogged DPF's etc etc.

This one looks good, if a little overpriced.

Mercedes-Benz E Class 2.0 E250 SE 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr

I pick up my facelift W212 220 Bluetec on Thursday. Went for the diesel because of the extra low & mid-range torque and because, being a Euro6 engine, it's not one of the ones being demonised by big cities - not that I go near them very often. (The fact it's Hyacinth Red was also a big persuader!)

Thanks, I'd already sent him that link.

But TBH I think he's totally underwhelmed by the prospect of a 4 pot. He's had the 211 320 petrol for many years and 124 petrol 6 for years before that. Once you're used to it it's very hard to go back.

And he's also intrigued by what the Japanese are doing - offering a modern V6 petrol for the open road long with a big battery pack for urban stuff.

Best of both worlds.

God it's hard, isn't it?

It was bad enough looking for a 2010/11 petrol 212 for me but after 2013 there's seems to have been some sort of fatwa on petrols.

My gut feel tells me he'll reject the Japanese options, will think that dealer network s/c XF's are a little too much and will settle for an E250.

I'll ask him what he's thinking tomorrow.

It's MB UK...the Irish market gets a 200, 250, 400 4matic and 43 petrol versions.

It's MB UK...the Irish market gets a 200, 250, 400 4matic and 43 petrol versions.

Are you talking 213's though? I had a look at the 213 UK price list and was delighted to the see the 43 on there - exactly the kind of thing I'd like to buy 5/6/7 years old.

The chasm seems to be after the original 212's and before the 213's.

ie the price bracket my mate's interested on.

As I say I don't think he fancies a 250 GGI. I don't really get the concept of a 4 cyl E Class and I think he struggles too.

Are you talking 213's though? I had a look at the 213 UK price list and was delighted to the see the 43 on there - exactly the kind of thing I'd like to buy 5/6/7 years old.

The chasm seems to be after the original 212's and before the 213's.

ie the price bracket my mate's interested on.

As I say I don't think he fancies a 250 GGI. I don't really get the concept of a 4 cyl E Class and I think he struggles too.

Look at mercedes.ie.

Look at mercedes.ie.

Yeah but that's 213's which you can also buy in the UK.

My mate's got a budget of £20k-ish and so he's looking at 2013 cars.

Which are facelift 212's.

Which were not sold in V6 petrol form in the UK.

I presume it's a saloon / estate that your friend wants since I think there were post facelift 212 V6 petrol coupe's?

Yes there are a couple of E400 (3.0 V6 TT - 333bhp) E coupe on Autotrader.

eg. 2014 E400 AMG line, 23K miles, £26K.

Although the later E300 are 2.0 turbo - same engine as Mrs Gnome SLC.

Thanks, I'd already sent him that link.

But TBH I think he's totally underwhelmed by the prospect of a 4 pot. He's had the 211 320 petrol for many years and 124 petrol 6 for years before that. Once you're used to it it's very hard to go back.

And he's also intrigued by what the Japanese are doing - offering a modern V6 petrol for the open road long with a big battery pack for urban stuff.

Best of both worlds.

I had a 2008 GS450h from new - fantastic car with V6 petrol, electric motor took the 0 - 60 to only 5.9s. Had it for 3 years and only got rid because boot was tiny (later models had the batteries underfloor rather than in the boot) and it fell outside of the free congestion charge. I have bought 3 new cars since and every time looked at the 450h but they are overpriced to Merc's and their technology is not as advanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom