Is there such a thing as an E350 CGI facelift?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
A mate has asked me for help finding a newer car to replace his W211 2003 E320 petrol. And, because he's in London he's adamant that he wants a petrol

I've shown him the 2011 W212 E500 that MIW posted and it's not quite what he wants (he's not a petrolhead like me).

So I showed him a 2012 E3350 CGI for £15k on a reasonable 35,000 miles and he's said his budget is higher and he could do with something a bit newer.

So then I started looking for a facelift 212 and cant find any 350 CGI's or any reference to them.

Did MB drop that engine for the facelift?

There was the E250 w212 in petrol and the E350e in saloon. To get a petrol estate it's either a e250 or e63.

The E350 cdi isn't available in post facelift.

For 213 models the petrol options are even more limited!

There was the E250 w212 in petrol and the E350e in saloon. To get a petrol estate it's either a e250 or e63.

The E350 cdi isn't available in post facelift.

For 213 models the petrol options are even more limited!

Thanks - should have made it clearer - he's after a V6 petrol saloon.

I've had a quick look and all the hybrids of that period seem to be diesel/electric.

An odd combo and ruled out because he doesn't want to use a diesel in town.

Hmm.....

No V6 petrols with facelift 212.

No just the world was going diesel mad up until recently especially in big saloons/estates.

No just the world was going diesel mad up until recently especially in big saloons/estates.

Mad? Barking if you ask me.

The only V6 petrol hybrid I can find is an Infiniti Q70. 360-odd bhp of 3.5 petrol +leccie.

I thought I'd have a look to see what Lexus are doing with the GS but it's only a 2.5 and only 200bhp.

The rules have made anything remotely interesting (apart from AMG's) unobtainable.

There's the Lexus GS450h which is pretty quick in a straight line.

Facelift Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 Supercharged is worth a look.

My recent dilemma when I was looking for a new petrol S213 estate!

My recent dilemma when I was looking for a new petrol S213 estate!

God it's hard, isn't it?

It was bad enough looking for a 2010/11 petrol 212 for me but after 2013 there's seems to have been some sort of fatwa on petrols.

My gut feel tells me he'll reject the Japanese options, will think that dealer network s/c XF's are a little too much and will settle for an E250.

I'll ask him what he's thinking tomorrow.

Yup on a facelift you can't get more go than a E250 unless you go or an E63. The good news is an E250 has plenty of go for a 4 cylinder, surprisingly so. Just make sure your friend has the latest transmission flash carried out. It might be worth trying a C200 petrol as there are plenty of wagons about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom