Is there such a thing.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samuelellis

Car
rover 218 diesel k reg (want a merc but cant afford)
.............as a cheap merc?

as my rover (hey i bought it off my dad after my 306 went under a truck with me in it) is getting on & ive alwasy liked merc's

so is there such a thing as a cheap & insurable (im 20 with the peugot as a black mark agianst me in a high crime area) merc, preferable a diesel

btw hello all - newbie alert

ok you can all stop laughing now & stop rolling on the floor with laughter is undignified:D

2 grand & watever i will get for a rust free well looked after 114thousand mile rover 218 diesel (worst bit is reasonable insurance)

oh & has to be install friendly & have a sticker that says no burbury or baseball caps allowed :D (sorry private joke)

Hello there,
Yes there is some decent cars about for that price and well worth the money.Id personally start looking at a Merc 190 (201)there is some very nice ones about and if im right about insurance group 11 for a 1.8 litre engine.Any way good luck in your search.:D

Originally posted by esox
That`ll be £2050 then.......

cheek

i know i could get about £800 fir the car as it is in sucha good condition & its the peugot diesel lump & it still takes my breath away its so torquey & is still quick for a non turbo 1.9 diesel

the only problem is im heavily into car audio & to fit in the dash i want

my blaupunkt head unit
md head unit
1/2 din eq
audio-control epic 160
control ports for ps2
3 line text vfd for the media pc

(need to buy most of that but that is what i want to fit upfront & i am wondering how the merc dash takes modification)

Hello and welcome, I bought a 200T of ebay as pluggers mentioned for £700. A W201 (190) is a good car. Fitting what you want to fit? call Bazza. He is fitting a taxi console to his so he has the extra slot for goodies. Insurance. Ok so I am an old guy but fully comp on my ex 190 was £320 per year (Plus named driver under 21). No doubt members here can advise you on what will and wont fit, you will be amazed, trust me.

If you're buying an older 190 you might want to think about classic car insurance. Ok you don't build up any no claims but if you're young it's a cheap way of getting a bigger motor. Certainly the only way I could afford to blat around in V12 Jags when I was younger. Try the back pages of Practical Classics magazine

Cheers
Andy

Work colleagues have recently bought an E reg 190 for about £1500 and a W123 1983 vintage 1-owner for £400!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom