Is this a genuine Sportline 300e 24??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't look like one to me either

Get the vin and check, only real way to know...

I think it might be, it certainly has the wider wheel option, and seems to sit slightly lower, there seem to be no interior Sportline options though.

Sportline was not a single option, you could pick and choose, a few of them had the Sportline interior but a lot had the chassis and wheels, also, if you like the car then at this age condition is more important than pedantry.

Vin checked.....

VEHICLE TYPE: Car
MODEL NAME: 300 E-24 JAPAN
ENGINE: 104980 22 005830
TRANSMISSION: 722359 03 326535
BODY: 00066
ORDER NUMBER: 0053774503
LIGHTS: BOSCH
WIPER: BOSCH 900118
INTERIOR COLOR: 265
PAINTS:

Комплектация

280 LEATHER STEERING WHEEL AND LEATHER GEAR SHIFT KNOB

341 ADDITIONAL BLINKER LAMPS

420 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-GEAR

430 HEADREST IN THE REAR, LEFT AND RIGHT

461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND

524 PAINTWORK - PRESERVATION

570 FOLDING ARMREST, FRONT

584 ELECTRIC WINDOW LIFTER, 4-WAY, V 124, 6-WAY

593 ALL-ROUND WD-GREEN GLASS,HEATED REAR WINDOW-ESG,BF

600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT

731 WOOD TRIM BURRED WALNUT ROOT

I've had a non Sportline 300e 24 previously and this looks no different. But have never seen a Sportline before!

Well that wouldn't seem to suggest it's a Sportline, but it is lower than normal and has the nice little exterior badges.
Check for the makers name on the shocks and springs, or ask him about the lower suspension and if it has been replaced...??

Also ask him where it was imported from and if it was sold new in the UK...?

So, it's lower than normal, has Sportline wheels, and correctly placed Sportline badges, I think there is some chance that it has a Sportline chassis.

The wheels are quite rare, which is what is leading me to think it may be.

If it was out of Japan they did funny things, but then it says it has an English speedo...??

Anyone got access to a more detailed checker than the Russian one I used?

Vin is Wdb1240312b175739

Not sure it's been Japanese for a while, it has a Euro boot lid for the wider number plates

Emailed him with my concerns, states that its got original bill of sale from uk dealer and wider J alloys.

Aint got the time to go down there at the moment to double check so in going to give it a miss, someone sent me a link to one for sale on here so will take a look at that.

It's got the chassis, the most important bit.

2lsjsav.jpg

Where does it say that Neil...??

Yes, but is says no code designation available, and Sportline code is 653 - yes...??

653 is the code for sports chassis with 8 hole alloys, 650 is s.c. w/ 15 hole alloys.

653 from 01.01.1990 SPORTS CHASSIS WITH 8-HOLE LIGHT ALLOY RIMS

650 from 01.12.1988 to 28.02.1993 SPORTS CHASSIS WITH 15-HOLE LIGHT ALLOY RIMS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom