Is this a good deal 09 C220 buying opinion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like a great deal. I did similar thing with my 08 last year. Higher than average miles but one company owner, FMBSH. Immaculate interior. 16k later and it still drives like brand new (I've had brand new mercs as courtesies when in for service etc). Cost me 2.5k less than market value at the time. Well happy. Go with your gut, I did and don't regret it

Looks good. Just one thought. Are you sure its got full leather? It was an option that not many company cars had. The standard finish was Artico "leather" which is synthetic.

I bought an 09 Plate 100k + C220 estate last year and it has given me no problems, in France at the moment and it has average 37 MPG over the last 500 miles, 67mph average speed fully laden with a roof box on.

Last edited:
Nice car I would go and look at that if it was nearer

The 203 isn't a patch on the 204 - I looked at a lot of 07 plate 203's before I got the 204 and they are not even in the same ball park quality wise

Actually 7k is what I wanted to pay but can't find one for that money

Whats wrong with the 651 engine?

I haven't really got enough space to fit it all in TBH

Injector issues
Water pump leaks
Coolant housing leaks
DPF issues
Engine wiring harness issues
Timing chain issues
Etc etc etc

You are better with a very early w204 with the different engine can't remember the engine number, maybe 611

You are better with a very early w204 with the different engine can't remember the engine number, maybe 611

646 - this is a modified engine from the W203 series. This engine does not have a DPF.

I'm now confused! Which emgine would the 09 c220cdi have?

A c220 blue efficiency at that mileage has its injector issues sorted. It sounds a good buy and the engine should be good for high miles if serviced correctly.

Basically the W204 current c class started life with a slightly tweaked 220 CDi Engine from the W203 series. Single turbo and same injectors although updated by around 20bhp.

Around 2009 ish the blue efficiency series was launched which was basically the same car with a modified engine. The engine now had twin turbo and new injectors giving better mpg. Early days saw Lots of cars stranded due to injector problems. Majority were sorted under warranty and my own brother had a co car that died at around 8k due to injectors and once sorted he ran his 09 c220 until 110k until company car scheme replaced it.

I have the 2007 w204 with pre blue eff engine and he had the 09 blue eff engine

Apart from the injector issue his was as faultless as was is mine.
His mpg was around 5 to 7 better but as mines has reached 70k I find mpg improving

He is company car scheme

Me I pay the bills myself which is why I intend I keep the 57plate c220 for a long time yet
Need to get 150 to 170k before I move on

Ref DPF(diesel particle filter)
If you cover decent miles this is not a problem. If you don't do many miles then it will clog And you will require a regular Italian tuneup.

Last edited:
646 - this is a modified engine from the W203 series. This engine does not have a DPF.

Thats the one, more reliable than the 651 :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom