Is this a rare Mercedes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bert_W164

Car
ML (W164)
Evening all,

A while back I went on a road trip, I spotted a trim level of Mercedes I'd never seen before, I was left wondering if it's a special edition like Maybach or something.

I've redacted the chaps number plate in case it's a super rare one off piece and don't want to attract unwanted attention to his car.

I've seen performance badges such as AMG, M, EFI, R, GTI etc. on cars that they don't clearly belong on, but not this.

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_143958__01.jpg
    IMG_20191031_143958__01.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20191031_144004__01.jpg
    IMG_20191031_144004__01.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 105
That's what you call personalizing your car:wallbash:

You didn't really need to, it has his name on the back!
Good point, my thinking was if it is a super rare Hayder Hassan edition, at least without the number plate it's a little harder to track down

He'll be on this site soon, having googled it.

Look! People are talking about my car. How cool is that? :p

Pssst, Just put them on anyway, it don't half Wind some People Up! :rolleyes: 😆
I've debadged my car, removed the AMG and 6.3 badges. I'm toying with ML320 CDI badges, is that as bad as having AMG badges on a non factory AMG?

In all seriousness there was logic behind removing my badges, I kept having random people trying to egg me on to race and the last straw was a S3 owner who cut me up 5 times on the motor way because I wouldn't race with him - wtf. I really didn't like the attention these badges were attracting and so removed them and added a front and rear dash cam.

Since removing the badges it doesn't happen any more, instead I have Corsas and the likes trying to cut me up at the lights to get into the correct lane etc which I'm totally fine with 😈

I had the same issue with my 124, always people wanting to race, I just let them go!
Normally I'm not bothered, but London has some real persistent freaks in it, one night I had a guy follow me for 10 miles, either he was taking exactly the same route (doubtful) or possibly high on crack.

In his 1.6l Seat Leon, every time he wanted to race, I got fed up as it was 2am and I just wanted to go home...he kept rolling his windows down asking to race, I was feeling generous so let him beat me to put an end to it. For the next 8 miles every time we stopped all I heard is "blud you got a 6.3, manz in a 1.6 and beat you hahaha shit car, shit AMG, u got murked fam" I kid you not this happened all the way from next to Heathrow to near Peckham (where I knew the roads very well) and so overtook him and gave a bit of throttle by some humps (ML is able to pass over them at speed limit, otherwise you're in for a bad day taking these things on at the speed limit), he attempted to do the same and ended up smashing his front lip as the noob slammed on the brakes for the speed hump and physics done its weight shift, I just then turned off into a random side road, turned lights off and watched him blast down the road looking for me presumably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom