Is This A Scam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Yes, of course it is. I'm selling a car on Gumtree at the moment, and one <[email protected]> wants to buy it, full asking price, sight unseen. He/She can't come to collect it, but will pay me by Paypal and arrange collection. Nothing necessarily sinister in that, but why unable to collect in person?

"Sadly I would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm home-bound."

Yeah, right. Can't resist the temptation to over-egg the pudding...

If you're selling a car, you have been warned.

Why the buyer can’t collect when only deaf and with heart problems and not blind too?

why would a home-bound person suffering from hearing loss and recovering from heart surgery need a car in the first place...........? Sound like he/she needs a few months rest, not a car

If a buyer pays via Paypal they can then claim a product is faulty/ broken etc and then claim the money back from Paypal. Unless you have proof that a buyer picked up the car, like a photo of them doing just that or a receipt with their signature on it.

Paypal apparently almost always will side with the buyer. Hence you lose the car and the money.

Tell the bint to get knotted. Cash on collection or jog on.

Paypal payment as a gift apparently avoids these issues but still i would not trust it. Cash is king.

Last edited:
If a buyer pays via Paypal they can then claim a product is faulty/ broken etc and then claim the money back from Paypal. Unless you have proof that a buyer picked up the car, like a photo of them doing just that or a receipt with their signature on it.

Paypal apparently almost always will side with the buyer. Hence you loose the car and the money.

Tell the bint to get knotted. Cash on collection or jog on.

eBay are the same.

Buyer is always right even with evidence to the contrary in my experience.

A quick google search for Rachael Steel (Steele) 4 turns up some interesting websites , seems our Rachael is a bit of an adult entertainer.

Maybe she never had the correct PPE for her line of work , hence the DEAFNESS and heart condition.

K

I sold a car unseen.
An absolute nightmare of problems afterwards, fortunately resolved.
Never again.

Yes..its a scam.

I actually would recommend avoiding cash on high value sales. Sold a laptop a few years ago and got stung by a few fake £50 notes. Bank transfer is the way to go especially with the ease of mobile banking and faster payments.

Surely you agree to a sale whereby the buyer drops off a suitcase of cash at the 3rd street light on the high street and you will then deliver the car to a lock up, with the keys to be posted once the cash has been verified and banked?

Reactions: 219
Sadly, this is probably not the last 'offer' you will get like this. Usual rules apply, cash, payment into your bank or bank transfer are the only methods to accept as payment.

I actually would recommend avoiding cash on high value sales. Sold a laptop a few years ago and got stung by a few fake £50 notes. Bank transfer is the way to go especially with the ease of mobile banking and faster payments.

It's a judgement call depending on how the individual buyer comes across, but if it seemed wise, after the test drive I'd drive us to the bank and pay it in on the spot, then home to do the docs. I much prefer bank transfer, but some people still use cash.

A quick google search for Rachael Steel (Steele) 4 turns up some interesting websites , seems our Rachael is a bit of an adult entertainer.

More of a reason to demand that the buyer attends in person...? :p

Are you asking if the "A" is a scam?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom