Is this Bangernomics at it very, very best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at the background in the pics, I would say he's a fastidious kind of bloke

Not really bangernomics , just a very, very nice, much loved old car , but no mention of what the reserve price is . likely to sell for a substantial amount.

Now that does look in lovely original un molested condition.

Looking at the background in the pics, I would say he's a fastidious kind of bloke

I'm not sure how you can tell that. It appears the seller is a trader and the bungalows look like holiday bungalows, probably just used as a location to picture the cars.

The car looks very nice, but won't be bangernomics as it will make reasonable money.

It's a nice car alright and the same spec as my 124 230TE. The fabric interior is lovely when it's clean.

Can't say I'd be keen on towing much with a 230 though. Hard work I'd say.

The gearbox is probably on it's last legs if it's been towing the caravan a lot. Note twin electrics.

The gearbox is probably on it's last legs if it's been towing the caravan a lot. Note twin electrics.

The new tow bar got me thinking too, I'd want to know more about the circumstances. Can't see some old lady suddenly fitting it.

It's a nice looking car even if it has been valeted to death, note the freshly sprayed exhaust manifold. Still, well worth a viewing if it's your cup of tea, personally I hold out for a similar 300.

I'm not sure how you can tell that. It appears the seller is a trader and the bungalows look like holiday bungalows, probably just used as a location to picture the cars.

If you're right, change fastidious to crafty ;)

Agree with v12.

This will average less than 26mpg and it is an old car with high maintenance costs.

The average person would spend more per year running this than it would cost to buy and run a brand new supermini.

Agree it would be a much more pleasurable drive though.

A cleverly worded ad to make you think the car has been cherished from new. The reality is the first owner did not bother to have it seviced after the first year and did 27k miles without a service before p/x it in 1993 - and the second owner also left long gaps between official services with a family friend "doing whatever was needed" - whatever that means?

Still it is nice and shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom