Is this daft ? Sportgrille + gunsight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
I've seen a smart W203 sports front radiator grille with the big star in the middle of it. Is it daft to have this as well as the star emblem on the top ? :D

I am awaiting a flood of abuse now... :eek: ......

on your perfect car, it would IMHO look awful! Well you did ask! :)

culpano said:
I've seen a smart W203 sports front radiator grille with the big star in the middle of it. Is it daft to have this as well as the star emblem on the top ? :D
Yes! If you get the grill then fit either the SL bonnet ornament (which is flat) or try my cheap, ghetto flat-ornament using the g-wagen badge :)

instructions here: http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5336

also check out Sam's car (with grill and flat badge): http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5209

edit: moving to bodywork forum!

culpano said:

I am awaiting a flood of abuse now... :eek: ......

Personally I woudl stick to OEM MB parts as I am sure the grill would be after market? Non MB Parts are often of poor quality and not a perfect fit. U'll prob end up with something that looks like the front end of an Actros/Sprinter...

If u do mod ur grill then u would have to get rid of the star on the bonnet.

Flash

I wasn't really interested at all. Just trying to catch someone out :D

If you had fitted it with the original star still in place we would have ordered you some blue LED screen washers to finish it off!

You seen the CL grill that has been advertised around?

343667_30_full.jpg

Last edited:
You could always try taking some styling tips from this genius

can you imagine walking across the Tesco's car park on a Saturday morning and actually being seen getting into it!

KillerHERTZ said:

343667_30_full.jpg

If the chrome strips were in black with drilled holes in the grill then it would look similar to my Sprinter's grill... ;) Sprinters come standard with the engince size CDI badge in red on the grill (similar to the old Mark 2 GTIs Golf)

Flash

KillerHERTZ said:

343667_30_full.jpg

Quite a few of the W211 E-classes in the states have this grill mod. I quite like it.

KillerHERTZ said:

IMHO, that is the worst looking thing ever. Call me a Merc purist, but I think the MB move towards not having the hood ornament is a bad idea. Sure that CL is modded, but more and more Mercs are going this way. Just look at the new CLS. Yuk.

anarchy-inc said:
IMHO, that is the worst looking thing ever. Call me a Merc purist, but I think the MB move towards not having the hood ornament is a bad idea. Sure that CL is modded, but more and more Mercs are going this way. Just look at the new CLS. Yuk.

As far as I remember, it is traditional for all the Mercedes sports and coupes to have a grill badge rather than a bonnet emblem.

I just like the grill badge as it reminds me of the SL.

I actually saw a white E class with both today and thought of you ppl. It looked.... interesting, especially as there was white plasticky stuff inside the grill badge...
Sad I didnt have a camera...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom