Is This GTechniq All Smoke And Mirrors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I filmed this a few days ago.

The car was treated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum 25 months ago.

I've never polished, waxed or even dried the car since (though I do use a DI vessel during washing/rinsing).

I'd say, taking into account the labour cost and material cost of the more traditional method of paint care, over a two year period, it's been money well spent at £500.
[YOUTUBE HD]wYY0_LBrQbE&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:
Very good, John :thumb: Much the same with the ceramic coating on the RC and that's got a lifetime guarantee ;)

I never did get to have a look inside at BOTG Peter :(

My fault as I had to leave early.

Part timer. :)

When Steve Max and I landed on at Ollies on the Friday afternoon I did notice that it took him under half the time to wipe his CLK down than it did me to do mine, and we both had the same poor conditions on the way.

It certainly does work and, retrospectively, I would have it done after seeing others.

The hearse looked pretty good John. :thumb:

Does what they say it does then.

Do you still get stone chips...?

Do you still get stone chips...?

Yes - it's not resistant to the affects of road muck - it will still chip if stoned.

Where is scores is that it gives the car a great finish for a long time, because part of the Gtechniq process is for the car's paint to be prepared (read polished) to the highest standard before being sealed with the Crystal Serum.

A simple wash returns it to that finish, time after time.

I've never been under any illusion that it's scratch and chip resistant, but as you can see from the way the water behaves, the coating is still working 25 months later.

Just as a comparator, first time water has touched it for 7 days..

[YOUTUBE HD]10Ldx2p14ug[/YOUTUBE HD]

These vids remind me of those snakes chasing the Iguana :D.

Provided these coatings are applied by a pro detailer unlike the ones offered by most dealerships and they do last as they're meant to.

I have Gtechniq and EXO on my CLS applied by Ed at Divine Detail. I'd like to get that re-coated at some point with Khamakazi ISM Coat.

Nice work John, hope you're well, paths have not crossed for a long time.
Kamal

I never did get to have a look inside at BOTG Peter :(

I regret not having a better look Peter. Meant to but so many peeps to talk to and ran out of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom