Is this Leather or Artico?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jlb22

Car
E Class
Hi please could some clever person on here tell me is this real leather or the Artico faux leather. The ruffled door card doesn't seem to be conclusive as I've read people with Artico that have it.

It's a 2007 E220d Avantgarde. Was real leather as standard on them?

Many thanks everyone

Attachments

• 20210226_145031-1-1.jpg
    20210226_145031-1-1.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210226_145036-1-1.jpg
    20210226_145036-1-1.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210226_145048-1-1.jpg
    20210226_145048-1-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Put your VIN in this website and get the datacard (build sheet)

Ok thanks. Is real leather standard with avantgarde?

Does it smell like leather ? I would think it would be Artico.

My 2007 E220 Elegance has Artico. I assume the 'Avantgardes' did not come with real leather as std as well.

I just can't tell by looking or smelling and I'm unsure wether to put leather conditioner on it.

Here is the VIN report. So it's leather?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-27-15-51-28.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-27-15-51-28.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 19
If you type your VIN into www.lastvin.com it will tell you exactly what leather it is 👍
The data card produced lists all factory fitted options for the VIN entered.

Edit: sorry just seen you additional posts. 821 is real leather

I just can't tell by looking or smelling and I'm unsure wether to put leather conditioner on it.
Even real leather is coloured/painted with vinyl paint. Leather conditioner will not condition it and may trap dirt wearing the leather out quicker.

Even real leather is coloured/painted with vinyl paint. Leather conditioner will not condition it and may trap dirt wearing the leather out quicker.
Ok thanks for letting me know. What is the best way to clean it then? I thought leather needs to be fed with a leather conditioner?

I bought an original W211 E-Class sales brochure from a forum member when I was trying my hardest to get a W211. Ended up with the W212 due to lack of decent cars available at the time (mid 2019 to early 2020)

Here are all the leather options and codes

w211 Leather Options.jpg

Ok thanks for letting me know. What is the best way to clean it then? I thought leather needs to be fed with a leather conditioner?
Damp cloth with mild soap solution. You cannot feed leather when it's sealed with vinyl paint as the feed will not reach the leather. It just sits in the creases and traps dirt and grit which will eventually damage the leather.

I just use a really dilute APC. I dilute Aldi blue APC (all purpose cleaner) with water at least 1:10, spray it on a microfibre and wipe it all down. I haven't needed anything stronger than that, even with really filthy leather. I then wipe down afterwards with just clean water sprayed on a different microfibre.

I don't know if this is 'wrong' but it keeps my leather clean.
There are better 'treatments' if you want to modify the look/touch/feel of the leather once it's clean.

Alex225 seems to know his stuff cleaning-wise.
His S-class thread is here:

Many thanks for the replies I really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom