Is this mpg normal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackbird1

Car
W203 C180k automatic estate
Just recently got an 04 c180k auto estate and getting 25ish about the town with really quite sedate driving and 30 on a run. It has stupid k and n filter (which will soon get changed) and 235/40/5/17 Wheels, surely these things wouldn't cause such low mpg or will it.

Or is that normal for what it is despite these things. I expected about 30-5 about the doors and 35-40 on a run.

My god i know it's going to be a bit more because it's auto but 25 is bad.

Around town anything is possible depending on the traffic but small engined C class cars have been capable of 40+ MPG on a run all the way back to the 190e so 30MPG doesn't sound right.

Removing the K&N is a good move but I doubt that's the problem. The tyres won't help but they would only account for a few percent reduction in MPG.

So 25 is normal about the doors and maybe 35ish on a run

I guess as it's more or less a 2.0 auto and quite heavy like the bm and Saab autos I had years and got the same....oh well I didn't do my homework again, bugger :(

When I had my modified E55K, when in for a service I had the use of a similar vintage C180k too.

I filled it up again with the fuel I'd used and it was doing the same economy as my E55K.

Utter shyte!

I had a C180k (auto estate) a couple of years ago and it gave an average of over 40mpg over a period of 2 years.
On some long trips I would get figures like this: 53.6 mpg
IMG_0689.jpeg
It really does depend on how and what they are used for...but then I was only averaging 51mph.
It you average over 100mph or under 10, then you perhaps should expect worse?

A smaller engine does not necessarily mean less mpg, trick is balancing engine to weight, diesel will improve mpg on runs...

I get 19mpg around town and 35mpg on a run out of a 4.7l V8 twin turbo, about the same as I used to get from my 2003 3.0s Jag S type!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom