Is this normal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbvector

Car
1997 clk 320 sport
Hi,

Got a 1997 clk 320 sport and it is stalling out at junctions (and once hard to start - 3 attempts) Basically I was looking at air flow meter and discovered the wiring going to the air flow meter connector is broken on 2 wires ? Thing is, these wires look like they couldnt possible of joined together as they are too far apart now. The 2 wires broken are the yellow+green and red+blue wires. not sure if I should rejoin them or not. Heres a pic of what its like...

IMAG0117.jpg

Last edited:
If the colors match up join them. If they don't I would not join them. On wiring looms you will always have wires with specific colours for a particular item it is powering on the vehicle. Hope this makes sense. If the wires match join them.

Hi,

Yeh the colours on the wires match but seem like they couldnt of ever joined as they are too far apart thats the weird thing... maybe they have burned away or something ?

Then see if you can get some slack in the wire and join them. If they are for the airflow sensor your car will run a lot better and not stall.
Good luck. Just check as well why they burned or got damaged in the first place

Well i joined them up with other bits of wire... car runs fine and hopefully no more stalling. I could see the missing bits of wire that had dropped off on top of engine below maf plug.... i think engine heat just made them brittle or burnt them. I also noticed another wire broke and fixed that .. no idea what it what for.. some sort of sensor at bulkhead area. Heres where the white coloured sensor (2 wire) went roughly - it sits down in a bit (at white arrow top of pic) Any idea what it was for ? Thanks for help.

car-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not to sure what it is. It is hard to see in the photo. But well done and happy driving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom