Is this normal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
62 reg c220 sport plus saloon
When my washer fluid top up light shows, nothing on the speedo display will show, just the warning, I can't switch via the steering wheel up / down button to see mpg etc. Really annoying until washer bottle topped up then all back to normal.
Am I missing something? :dk:

62 reg c220 sport plus saloon
When my washer fluid top up light shows, nothing on the speedo display will show, just the warning, I can't switch via the steering wheel up / down button to see mpg etc. Really annoying until washer bottle topped up then all back to normal.
Am I missing something? :dk:

Not being funny but could this not be a safety feature and would not the answer be to check the fluid level regularly rather than getting to this stage?

I think if a warning comes up then press the ok button and the previous view will appear. This happens when my fuel light comes on anyway.

Don't you have a "back" or "return" button on your steering wheel?

My washer fluid notification came on this week, but can scroll past it. Seems odd you can't. I use the left-hand buttons on the wheel. I use the inner ones as am used to seeing the trip info.

Different model from yours though, sorry :dk:

you need to acknowledge the message with "OK" on the wheel. Its like the low fuel warning.

On some models the steering wheel buttons won't let you skip the message but the trip reset button on the cluster will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom