Is this overpriced???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big_Jon

Car
C230 Kompressor Sport Auto & Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 T-Spark.
Im not looking to plug it on here but want some oppinion.

I have a W124 E300 Diesel Automatic Saloon for sale that I took in P/X and all I am getting is idiot calls on it.

The car is a '92 J-Plate, Has had 2 owners, has done 165,000 miles and has FSH with no less than 30 services recorded.

The exterior is ok for the year, usual rust on front wings and a couple of other minor spots, the interior looks like it has done 30,000. Original stereo with CD changer and in 2000, the owner spent £2000 to have air-con fitted that still fully works. It also has electric roof.

I have got this car advertised at £995 with a years MOT, supplied with a warranty and pre-delivery inspection but all I am getting is people running a mile at the mileage or wanting to buy the car for £500.

Basically my question to you knowledgeable folks is what is it worth then? Am I being greedy and expecting too much or are people just daft?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

i thing so mate,non being a multivalve engine.But still 500 is to low.

I did think it may be slightly optimistic but then I thought what I saw a 420,000 miler go for on ebay (£640) the other day and thought what the hell.

It always amazes me how hard it is to sell cheapies as people always expect a brand new car for less money than a posh watch whereas I have sold £20,000 cars where they turn up, dont even drive it and say "yeah, I'll take it"

Cheers.

That's because you earn your first grand a damn sight harder than then next twenty!

It always amazes me how hard it is to sell cheapies as people always expect a brand new car for less money than a posh watch

Too right.

I sold my immacualte 98,000 mile 190E recently which had just sailed through its MOT and a service. The garage who sold it for me quoted me a couple of minor items that "needed sorting" then proceeded to do a huge amount of unnecessary work on it, so that they actually received more of the sale price than I did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom