• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

is this real sl60 and hat do people think of price for its present condition

You have my grateful thanks Ian...that's one less owner with split rims, making mine rarer and thus more valuable to interested parties :thumb:

Btw doodle that e320 you sold me has been a dream. Thank you!

Ian I thought you sold your sl60?

Last edited:
You have my grateful thanks Ian...that's one less owner with split rims, making mine rarer and thus more valuable to interested parties :thumb:
You learn something new every day, I never knew that 500's came from the factory with split rims.

£6426 final price, pretty good value?

£6426 final price, pretty good value?

Suspicious ol' me thinks that we will find that it has been "sold elsewhere" and not available to the winning bidder Time will tell.

It's got to be worth ^£7K parted out, and that would probably be the safer option.

But who knows, it might be the bargain of the century.

Prices do seem to keep tumbling on big engine cars it seems.
Off subject I found a SL73 for sale in merc enthusiast magazine. Didnt even know it existed as a model.

Prices do seem to keep tumbling on big engine cars it seems.

A bit of a generalisation, I think that rather depends on the car. Good SL500's are fetching decent money and SL60 prices are going north not south.

A bit of a generalisation, I think that rather depends on the car. Good SL500's are fetching decent money and SL60 prices are going north not south.

That was cheapest SL60 I have seen sell and as for 500s maybe the minters are going up but i thought most were stuck around 5k for a while now? Plenty of cheap 500s out there with sheds sub 2k now. (For those hunting a money pit :) )

As you say depends on the car. ... The economy picking up will help values. Some cheap cars out there. Was just looking at a 2006 v10 audi S6 for 12k and a 2004 s4 convertible for 7,500 Silly cheap prices I think anyway.

Check the prices in the latest MB Mag. Not many minters at £5K.

Totally agree, mint ones much higher priced, especially if in trade hands.

When I was on the hunt for one I went and saw loads of SL500's (about 50 of them) for what appeared to be bargain prices but none of them tempted me when I saw them.

I saw a few nice 320's for about 6.5k but there were no final edition 500's that ticked all the boxes for less than 9k. The really sorted ones were upwards of 10k.

I am not surprised ... I found the same when I have looked in the past. Lot of car for £9k if you get a good one.
I was unlucky enough to have to change my work car for a 2012 3 series this week. My old merc is worth 15 times less and yet it's 15 times the car!

I bought my SL500 a few months ago. My initial budget was £5K as I was under the impression I could get a good one for that, after wasting my time for a while it became apparent that wasn't the case. My budget increased to £7K and I found the right car but the seller decided to keep the car at the last minute.

In the end I got my car for £5K but I think I was lucky, its a 98 model with the M119 engine 5 speed box and pano roof. It was a 2 owner car with FMBSH and 67K on the clock . It however does have a bit of rust on the front wings (biggest bit being about the size of a 5p coin) which I am dealing with, the alloys need a refurb and the drivers bolster is scuffed slightly.

I found the good ones get snapped up straight away, when I went to see mine he hadn't even had the chance to upload pics to autotrader! I suspect a lot of the good ones are being snapped up by dealers.

Im trying to hold out my urge to get a W215 CL 55 as I think it has serious wallet damaging potential but I do like the lines and think it could be a future classic. Also its not going to be slow either!

In the end I got my car for £5K but I think I was lucky, its a 98 model with the M119 engine 5 speed box and pano roof. It was a 2 owner car with FMBSH and 67K on the clock .

That was a stonking good buy, well done :D:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom