Is this repairable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bhav

Car
CLK200K Avantgarde
I guys had a dangerous escape yesterday, somehow the calliper bolt snapped and came loose while on motorway and calliper gouged a hole in my alloy. Now need to find an allow to match any ideas? Or is this alloy repairable? Looks dead to me :(

Attachments

• image-1190136380.jpg
    image-1190136380.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 322
  • image-3017802243.jpg
    image-3017802243.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 318
Could be repaired, but I'm not sure I'd trust it afterwards.

That's a pretty deep groove worn all the way round that wheel. I would replace it.

Glad no one was hurt though.

Don't chance it again.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement wheel, second hand? Or any good breakers who may have one in west midlands?

Might not be as expensive as you might think - ring the dealer. Alternative is to use somewhere like Mercedes alloy wheels | Genuine new 17" Mercedes 5 twin spoke | fits Mercedes CLK Class 208 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd - that's the wheel in question it would seem and is £224.....they will be a bit cheaper than the dealer but I bet if you push the dealer they will match the price.... ??

[edit: I only say this because I went through this with the wifes W245 and the dealer.....btw - check what sort of tyre pressure sensor system you have. Unless your system shows you the pressures in each tyre - then you have the system based on the ABS sensor - don't fall for the "we have to have the wheel back to take the pressure sensor off it" routine.....as there probably isn't one]

Last edited:
Wooohoooo got one on eBay for £94 happy days

All fixed

Attachments

• image-1991778260.jpg
    image-1991778260.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 84
i'd look into why the bolt snapped, and check the other wheels aswell. better safe than sorry when it comes to wheels.

as per above, I'd be interested to know why the caliper bolt snapped. Was it resued when replacing the disc for instance? I bet you had a lovely time removing the remains of the bolt form the hub carrier.

Glad to see it's fixed up now though.

Hi all, I did sh*t my self so have had all of the calliper volts replaced, it was such a pain to remove the remains of the bolt but it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom